Question OBS Help

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hey Guys, I have an issue with a specific game I have been playing that OBS just seems to have a hard time to capture. I'm struggling on how to find the perfect 1080p (30 or 60fps I don't care) recording of war-thunder. Every other game I play my system can handle 1080p 60FPS no issue. For some reason war thunder just feels like either dropping fps or having terrible quality in the recordings. I cannot seem to find the sweet spot. I play games like Hell Let Loose which are system intensive and have been able to pull 1080p 60fps.

My System:
Ryzen 7 3800x
RTX 2070
32GB DDR4 3200
ASUS TUF x570 Gaming Motherboard

This is my last Recording configuration for OBS on war thunder:
x264
CRF: 23
Faster Preset
no profile or tune
This has been my best recording in terms of good fps and good resolution, but still it was trash considering what my other recordings of other games I get.
I tried also using the NVENC (New) Encoder but it seems because I play on Maximum graphics the recording takes a hit, so I set my graphics to medium and still it is just as bad as when it was at maximum. I have no programs in the background except for maybe a tab or two of edge and steam.
Might anyone guide me? I've tried looking at online guides and studying rate controls and seem to have no luck in figuring things out. Thanks in advanced.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hey Guys, I have an issue with a specific game I have been playing that OBS just seems to have a hard time to capture. I'm struggling on how to find the perfect 1080p (30 or 60fps I don't care) recording of war-thunder. Every other game I play my system can handle 1080p 60FPS no issue. For some reason war thunder just feels like either dropping fps or having terrible quality in the recordings. I cannot seem to find the sweet spot. I play games like Hell Let Loose which are system intensive and have been able to pull 1080p 60fps.

My System:
Ryzen 7 3800x
RTX 2070
32GB DDR4 3200
ASUS TUF x570 Gaming Motherboard

This is my last Recording configuration for OBS on war thunder:
x264
CRF: 23
Faster Preset
no profile or tune
This has been my best recording in terms of good fps and good resolution, but still it was trash considering what my other recordings of other games I get.
I tried also using the NVENC (New) Encoder but it seems because I play on Maximum graphics the recording takes a hit, so I set my graphics to medium and still it is just as bad as when it was at maximum. I have no programs in the background except for maybe a tab or two of edge and steam.
Might anyone guide me? I've tried looking at online guides and studying rate controls and seem to have no luck in figuring things out. Thanks in advanced.
Delete the thread, no one is answering, I'm still having issues.

Well, sorry no one knows the answer. But how would deleting thread be any useful? One dude that maybe have a solution may be browsing around in old threads one day and find this one. It won't be me as I'm not a gamer and specific knowledge for one game is a no-way-to-solve.

Anyway - have that game it's own forum? I'd try to ask there, or somehow find a support channel or mail address to the developer or support team. Then, if they provide a solution (if any) you can update the info here so others may find.