Question OBS is having 0 kb/s

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
Hi everyone. The issue is: i decide to start streaming for my friends, especially after building my PC (2060s,i59400f, 16 ram 3000 etc)
As recommended, i downloaded OBS and used automatic configuration for my PC. So it gave me 6000 bitrate, Codec NVENC, FrameFreq=60 FPS. So after this i linked my twitch account, and pressed Start Broadcast and box with green color in 2-3 secs turned into red with 0 kb/s. Obs is losing connection, nothing happens. I tried stream via Youtube - same result. I tried to use 500 bitrate, low FrameFreq like 30 etc (low setting if would be the issue) - still 0 kb/s. I have Windows 10, i deleted Antivirus, i turned off Firewall - still 0 difference. I tried to open OBS with Administrator profile - 0 help. My internet is stable (Input - 75 mb/s, OUTput - 50 mb/s in speedtest). I tried to use custom server (Stockholm, Frankfurt and 2-3 more) - still nothing. I would be glad is someone would help me.

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/x264-or-nvidia-nvenc-help-please.12480/

x264 is better but only if the CPU can handle it but anyway that's not your problem.
yes, i think problem is something with restrictions with obs and my internet. But i tried to use shadowplay as streaming platform - it worked for me, but it's not really that im looking for (no tools for proper streaming such switching windows, managing volumes mic/dynamc). If i dont find solution, i will try to Xsplit but i dont is it supporting streaming via GPU.

waiting for response already on obs forum aswell =)
Obvious thing first,if you are trying to stream an online game your system is going to prioritize sending the game data cutting off your video stream.
You should look into your mobo and or router manual to see if they have any quality of service (QoS) settings and give some priority to OBS.

Alternatively if you can record the video to your hard drive without problems then it's 100% due to internet and the most probable cause would be QoS settings.

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
Obvious thing first,if you are trying to stream an online game your system is going to prioritize sending the game data cutting off your video stream.
You should look into your mobo and or router manual to see if they have any quality of service (QoS) settings and give some priority to OBS.

Alternatively if you can record the video to your hard drive without problems then it's 100% due to internet and the most probable cause would be QoS settings.
where can i find these settings? Btw it can't be a router issues, because on my old PC stream works fine. It's probably caused by my current PC setup

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
p.s. i tried to turn on stream via Shadowplay and it worked for me, i mean i could actually stream! So the problem is lies in OBS but i have 0 idea what it can be (shadowplay btw is not really fitting to me in terms of limited tools to manage translation)