[SOLVED] OBS recordings are stuttering badly.

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
For some reason my OBS recording stutters heavily even when the game is running fine. Even at 720p 30fps the recording stutters badly. I'm not limited by cpu or gpu or even ram .
When i start recording the max my cpu goes is between 60-65% and the ram dont go over 10gb max. I use x264 encoder and at 25000kbps bit rate.
I know my pc is not the fastest pc in the world but it's still a pretty good pc by today's standards and can surely handle 1080p recordings in most games.

Specs are - R5 2600
16GB 3000mhz ram
Gt 1030
The only way i can fix this issue is to put OBS in high priority in task manager but this is not a permanent solution or more like i dont want to make it one. Any insight would really be helpful.

Solution
The problem is that windows has no idea what a user wants to run well and what not,windows only has the task priorities to go by and for games those are made for consoles and not PCs they are based on an environment were the game is the only thing that runs,so that's why you have to tell windows if you want it to pay more attention to a program.
It has nothing to do with CPU resources,streaming is a multithreaded task that can be split into infinite threads so no matter how many cores you have it will use them all partially same for a lot of games,so it's all about how windows handles tasks and if two tasks have the same priority it will switch from one to the other all the time causing problems.
Ye i get that and i fixed the...
but this is not a permanent solution or more like i dont want to make it one. Any insight would really be helpful.
Why?

That's how I have set it up,I used process hacker to save the priority for the nvidia encoder to real-time so every time I start recording it starts up in real-time.
That's the only way that will work because the problem is that otherwise windows doesn't know that it should give the recording as much power as it needs.

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
Why?

That's how I have set it up,I used process hacker to save the priority for the nvidia encoder to real-time so every time I start recording it starts up in real-time.
That's the only way that will work because the problem is that otherwise windows doesn't know that it should give the recording as much power as it needs.
well i meant if i use any other software i dont need to do this but specifically for obs when i have plenty of cpu power to spare just feels weird to me cause in my old system i had to do that to play any game but even after getting a new system i have to do the same?
What's the point of upgrading?

well i meant if i use any other software i dont need to do this but specifically for obs when i have plenty of cpu power to spare just feels weird to me cause in my old system i had to do that to play any game but even after getting a new system i have to do the same?
What's the point of upgrading?
The problem is that windows has no idea what a user wants to run well and what not,windows only has the task priorities to go by and for games those are made for consoles and not PCs they are based on an environment were the game is the only thing that runs,so that's why you have to tell windows if you want it to pay more attention to a program.
It has nothing to do with CPU resources,streaming is a multithreaded task that can be split into infinite threads so no matter how many cores you have it will use them all partially same for a lot of games,so it's all about how windows handles tasks and if two tasks have the same priority it will switch from one to the other all the time causing problems.

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
Ye i get that and i fixed the issue. I was using the display capture to capture game footage which was making the game footage extremely stuttery. The reason i did that was because obs was being really annoying with using game captures and it was only recording sounds with black screen when i used game capture. Turns out my msi afterburner overlay was messing with obs game recording tab. So i shut down the msi afterburner and the game recordings tab popped with the preview stream which was not coming before and that fixed the stuttering altogether.

Solution