Question OC a Non-K Sandy Bridge on a D2991-1A Mobo

May 3, 2019
I got this Rig:
Intel Core i5-2400 @3.1Ghz
10GB DDR3 Ram @1333Mhz
MSI GTX 1050Ti 4gb OC (dual fan, dual Slot Version)
Fujitsu D2991-A1
Crucial BX500 240gb 6GB/s SSD
500GB Hitachi HDD

My BIOS is :V4.6.4.0 R1.10.0 for D2991-A1x
seems modified by Fujitsu and can't find any OC Options. (Cpu power mode tho)

On HWiNFO64 i just notices this:
"Maximum Clock Supported: 3800 MHz"

…. Tasty +700mhz possible.
As i saw i got some Bottleneck on some games i want to OC that Cpu. (Battlefield 1, Planetside 2, Msi Kombustor also gets Bottleneck)
Cpu is at 100% and Gpu at around 80% in all the Programs/Games

Is there a Way i can OC it? I heard i can mess with the Multiplier, but Need a Bios that has the Options for it.
Mine doesnt so theres also the Question, if i can just Flash the BIOS with another Version. Wouldnt know what Version tho.

Heres some Pictures from HWiNFO64

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No OC available for that cpu, it's locked by Intel. However, you can raise the speed a little by using BCLK and turbo, both of which are considered an OC since the base certified speed is set at 3.1GHz, but can get to 3.8GHz. BCLK is not advised since it's the buss clock, it affects everything prom pcie speeds, Sata speeds ram speeds as well as cpu speeds and can/will corrupt data as those components aren't designed for that usage.

You have a 4core i5. Games like BF1 and Planetside 2 prefer 8 threads, so you will see the cpu is going to be maxed out.

MSI kombuster is a gpu torture test program. It's going to max out any gpu.

Bios isn't written specifically for your cpu, it's written for the motherboard, which can have faster cpus installed. It will support a cpu that's running 3.8GHz, doesn't mean it'll support your cpu to run 3.8GHz.

Its an i5-2500. It's not going to be anything more than what it is and there's no OC on Fujitsu mobo's if it was.