OC build help!

jinshifu

Distinguished
May 16, 2005
Hey guys, I would've posted this in the CPU section of OC, but that section is not as active as this.

I've decided to create an OC build, reusing parts from my current desktop. So these parts will be reused:

Case: Aspire X-Navigator <-Air cooling, 4x80mm, 1x120mm fans
CPU: AMD Athlon64 4000+ Clawhammer Core
Vid card: Radeon x850xt

What I need to know is, what mobo is good for OCing (I'm currently using the a8n-sli dlx), what RAM is good for OCing (2x1GB dualchannel sticks preferred), and what CPU fan would be adequate for OCing (Someone said one of the zalman fans was good).

And here's another question (sorry!), but with just air cooling using the aforementioned case and a monster CPU fan, how far can I expect to OC my rig?

Thanks a lot.

Overclocking > CPUs forum please Sir.

</font color=red><b><font color=red>■ ■ <font color=blue>■ ■ <font color=orange>■ ■ <font color=green>■ Dirty Little Sausage ■ </font color=green>■ ■ </font color=orange>■ ■ </font color=blue>■ ■</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
If we were in the mobo and chipset forum, I'd tell you that DFI, Abit, and Epox (SLI for all three) are the best for OCing. Personnaly I prefer Abit, due to history.
The 4000+ is a poor OCers chip. It is already closest to max OC.
The thermalright SP90, and SP120 are very nice. The newer XP units may be better, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
With a lot of luck, you may get close to 3ghz, but you have to be good, and lucky.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=691985#691985" target="_new">Link to new thread</A>

</font color=red><b><font color=red>■ ■ <font color=blue>■ ■ <font color=orange>■ ■ <font color=green>■ Dirty Little Sausage ■ </font color=green>■ ■ </font color=orange>■ ■ </font color=blue>■ ■</font color=red>