Question OC core clock and mem clock at same time, is that bad?

Feb 17, 2019
Overclocked my GPU for the first time today and I oc the core clock and mem clock at the same time. My increases were +75 core and +300 mem on my gtx 1080 and its been stable but i just read that your supposed to do them one at a time. So far it's been stable but i want to know if it could damage anything.

Lutfij

Titan
Yeah pretty much every guide on the www, suggest that you work with one parameter at a time to rule out any limitations, be it from power or from chip or from the memory. It's for this reason that we say to go with a trial and error mentality instead of copy/pasta'ing someone's results/numbers. Exact make and model for the GTX1080? Make and model for the PSU?

Feb 17, 2019
Yeah pretty much every guide on the www, suggest that you work with one parameter at a time to rule out any limitations, be it from power or from chip or from the memory. It's for this reason that we say to go with a trial and error mentality instead of copy/pasta'ing someone's results/numbers. Exact make and model for the GTX1080? Make and model for the PSU?

MSI Duke GTX 1080

Corsair CX 650M PSU

Feb 17, 2019

I turned off the oc in afterburner just to be safe.