OC CPU Cooler- Air vs Water

Type75

Reputable
May 6, 2014
I am about to buy a new pc and im not sure if I want to buy an air cooler or a water cooler. My case supports the water cooler.

jimthenagual

Splendid
If your case has an open side window, I'd say go for a closed loop liquid cooler. Just personal preference. They look really nice, much better than a huge heatsink and fan (with a few exceptions).

But if you don't have a side window, go for air cooling in my opinion. The big ones cool just as well as the liquid coolers, a little quieter and typically cheaper.

Type75

Reputable
May 6, 2014
Thanks, so they both cool fine? One isnt more efficient than the other? Also, does the liquid cooler need a fan onto or anything else?

jimthenagual

Splendid
The big air fans can cool just as well as the liquid coolers, maybe a few degrees difference depending on which models we are talking about.

The closed loop liquid cooling solutions typically come with the cpu heatsink (with built in pump), then a radiator and fans all included.

jimthenagual

Splendid
That's an entry level cooler, maybe on par with the hyper 212 evo air cooler performance wise. That's a guess as I don't see any comparison charts that include this particular cooler. I can say it won't cool as well as the larger air coolers, but it is far better than the stock cooler that comes with the CPU.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS