OC CPU Cooler- Air vs Water

Type75

Reputable
May 6, 2014
I am about to buy a new pc and im not sure if I want to buy an air cooler or a water cooler. My case supports the water cooler.

If your case has an open side window, I'd say go for a closed loop liquid cooler. Just personal preference. They look really nice, much better than a huge heatsink and fan (with a few exceptions).

But if you don't have a side window, go for air cooling in my opinion. The big ones cool just as well as the liquid coolers, a little quieter and typically cheaper.

The big air fans can cool just as well as the liquid coolers, maybe a few degrees difference depending on which models we are talking about.

The closed loop liquid cooling solutions typically come with the cpu heatsink (with built in pump), then a radiator and fans all included.

normal_corsair_HydroH105-1.jpg

image002.png

That's an entry level cooler, maybe on par with the hyper 212 evo air cooler performance wise. That's a guess as I don't see any comparison charts that include this particular cooler. I can say it won't cool as well as the larger air coolers, but it is far better than the stock cooler that comes with the CPU.