OC expectations of a ti4400

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
i have a visiontek xtasy ti4400, ive added heat sinks on all the ram chips (using epoxy mixed with arctic silver 2)
and i have 2 fans on the side of my case blowing directly on the card, as well as many other case fans. with this card and cooling solution what should i expect in terms of overclocking. depending on the application, i can get about 330 gpu, and 640-660 ram without seeing any artifacts etc. however, my achieved ram speed (650 in 3dmark) dosnt seem up to par. the standard coolbits registry tweak allows up to 690 ram, and from what ive seen i should be able to hit this. any suggestions?
ty

PS: would a new gpu cooler, say a golden orb, help for my gpu speeds?

The first LAN I went to was at a PETA convention. They booted me after I shot a zombie in HL DM!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Willamette_Sucks on 05/24/02 00:37 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
you should mod your card if u plan 2 overclock it even higher. don't use the golen orb, it's cooling performance is just up 2 the standard, i would suggest to use a Mini Copper Orb, it has basically the same design as a golden orb, but with a copper base and fins on the inside, the cooling performance is MUCH better than the golden orb, plus it's small base makes it the ideal modsink for your card.
also about the overclocking utility, there's a performance differnce between them as well. with some, you are able 2 get better performance out of the card. i've been using powerstrip for somtime now and i think it's a very good overclocking program, 2 bad it's not a freeware.

dttdar

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2002
I had a Visiontek 4400 and i was able to hit 305/680. The only extra cooling I had was some ramsinks on both sides of the card by using artic Silver 3 and superglue. You might want to try the voltage mod as suggested above.

----------------
sorry, but I'm still stuck in the Pentium III world

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
From some of the reviews I've seen of OCing video cards, voltage matters more than heat for getting better OCing out of a card.

"Search your feelings you know it to be true, I am your... twin sister" - Darth Vader