OC failed widut OC

drago87

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Sometimes i get a OC failed when i start my coputer i hawent even OC So i have no ide what could be the problem.

Eny ides?

P5K64 WS MOBO
Q6600 G0
ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 CPU Cooler -775/AM2
4GB DDR3
Vista Home Premium X64 SP1
Tagan 700W Power suploy

Same problem whid my old 7600GT and my new HD3870 Grafic card

ibp_john

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
You might need to bump the voltages a little bit on your memory. What kind of memory do you have and do you have any errors while you are using your computer?

Exactly like me :) Dont worry about it :)
When i had E6600@ stock with ASUS P5K-E WIFI and when i pushed the reset button when i were in the middle of something then when the PC restarted i got this error, so dont worry about it :)

You may just want to set your CPU voltage to what it is now(in BIOS its set to AUTO,check the CPU voltage with a software in windows and go to BIOS and set it) and u want to change the Memory voltage from AUTO to its own number(For example for me it was 2.1)

sailer

Splendid
I get the same type of thing on occasion, though I do have a substantial overclock. Every few days, Windows will fail to load and I get an overclock failure message. I've come to accept it and ignore it, as I reboot the computer and its works properly. I think in part its because we tend to stress performance ever higher, and as that happens, its easier for a glitch in the works to slip in.

Oh yes, for those who wonder, I have the voltages manually set and all the right changes in BIOS and can run Prime95 for hours without a problem. So I don't know where the real fault lies, only that it happens every few weeks.