May 19, 2019
System Specs :
I5 3570
16GB ddr3
Hyper 212 Cooler
MSI H77
500W evga
Rx 570 4GB

So with OC genie and turbo I got my cpu up to 3.9GHz with stable temps , with only one core going up to 51°C the rest stay at 49 . I'd like to try and go beyond this ; I'm very new to it all and am unsure if I even can ; if perhaps manually changing things I could . I've read so guides and different things but they all seem to just warn of the dangers and go on about coolng . I'm just looking for what settings to change and where is a good base line to begin . I'm unconcerned about the dangers and just want to experiment and learn first hand . So any basic straight forward help would be appreciated .
Thanks in advance !

Solution
3.99ghz makes sense for auto oc using bclk since stock turbo is 38 x 105= 3.99 but with z77 it should have used multi. People often forget (or don't know) that sb and ib had limited oc unlike other non k generations so yes you can oc that isn't just bclk. If you do have z77 and not h77 then you can oc to a decent speed. The cpuz in your sig says h77 so I'm still thinking you actually do have h77 so can't oc higher.

With non k on z77, z75, p67 and z68 mobos, you can only oc multi 4 bins above turbo so 42. If you are just wanting to see how far you can push it then bclk 105 is typically the max. You can try to go higher but most aren't stable. You may not even get to 105. 42 x 105 = 4.4ghz. Other than bclk and multi, just change vcore...
Aug 12, 2019
You can't with that mobo because it's locked. It's likely already using bclk to oc and using that method is not recommended as it can cause file corruption as it's tied to everything else including storage.
He's right. The non-K CPUs are locked and I would not recommend doing anything but the advertised 3.8ghz (single core) on it (3.6 all core turbo) meaning... just leave it at stock...

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
He's right. The non-K CPUs are locked and I would not recommend doing anything but the advertised 3.8ghz (single core) on it (3.6 all core turbo) meaning... just leave it at stock...
But as I said , I'm not concerned about file corruption or any other possible issue . I just want to see if I can push it farther . If you're saying that is in fact impossible then no worries . If it is however , I'd like to know about it . Every core is running at 3.99/3.95 at the moment anyway

If you can change base clock: You can try bumping the base clock up in small increments until it is unstable under a stress test. Then back the BCLK down and make sure its stable.
Base clock overclocking is a bad idea. It can corrupt files or cause issues like USB ports to stop working.

Otherwise, you have a locked CPU on a locked motherboard. You shouldn't have been expecting to overclock with this hardware.

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
If you can change base clock: You can try bumping the base clock up in small increments until it is unstable under a stress test. Then back the BCLK down and make sure its stable.
Base clock overclocking is a bad idea. It can corrupt files or cause issues like USB ports to stop working.

Otherwise, you have a locked CPU on a locked motherboard. You shouldn't have been expecting to overclock with this hardware.
Was never expecting too , nor intended too . I'm upgrading to a Ryzen and figured I'd play with this one until it broke . Thanks for the Tip though I appreciate it .

3.99ghz makes sense for auto oc using bclk since stock turbo is 38 x 105= 3.99 but with z77 it should have used multi. People often forget (or don't know) that sb and ib had limited oc unlike other non k generations so yes you can oc that isn't just bclk. If you do have z77 and not h77 then you can oc to a decent speed. The cpuz in your sig says h77 so I'm still thinking you actually do have h77 so can't oc higher.

With non k on z77, z75, p67 and z68 mobos, you can only oc multi 4 bins above turbo so 42. If you are just wanting to see how far you can push it then bclk 105 is typically the max. You can try to go higher but most aren't stable. You may not even get to 105. 42 x 105 = 4.4ghz. Other than bclk and multi, just change vcore. The other settings don't do much for stability and aren't needed as this is a mild oc.

Solution