Oc i5 8600k gone wrong in the hood

May 21, 2018
I have just overclocked my i5 8600k on a msi z370 tomahawk. The problem is, it won't show anything on the monitor. My overclock: 4.8ghz, 1,275v, and - 3 avx. Pls help

You AIO is more than good enough and 4.8 to 5GHz is where you are going to have to play with vcore and the LLC. I dont really know your motherboard but maybe you can contact this guy xsuperbe as he has the same setup and an MSI motherboard with an overclock to 5GHz at a really good low vcore. If you PM him he may share his setup and help you, the thread below is his......

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3708136/suspicion-due-8600k-overclock-means-lot.html

CPU Load Line Calibration..You should have this setting somewhere and it makes sure the it keeps vcore at a stable level. In my motherboard I have Medium, High, Turbo and extreme..but on your it will probably be different like 1 to 12 or something like that...it is important when overclocking as it keeps vcore from dropping to low or going to high when overclocking.

Others will be able to explain it better than me...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well it doesn't keep the voltage from going too high, but it does help with it going low.

When you pull a lot of current through a circuit the voltage will 'droop' or 'sag'. LLC provides a curve that based on current load, to increase the voltage. This can lead to overvoltage scenarios for brief periods as the timing isn't perfect since it can't predict exactly what the CPU load will be in any given moment.

Sometimes it only takes a little LLC to make a computer more stable, sometimes it is a lot. I think I have mine on High (I also have a Gigabyte Aorus)
On my last chip, only one notch was required (ASUS)

There are plenty of overclocking guides out there if you want to do a deep dive on Coffeelake.

Thanks Eximo...the LLC always leaves me confused...Mine is on High as well...