Question OC i7 9700k rog z390-h mob

Sep 13, 2021
Hello everyone hope you all are doing well I hope if there is someone here running overclocking with i7 9700k on asus rog z390 motherboard plz.

I want you to share with your overclocking settings from the bios since the automatic ai overclocking from the bios is suck and does not give me a stable performance at all.
I want the settings from an up to date bios cause my bios is up to date and i cant find on the internet any settings for the last bios updates

My specs are :
i7 9700k rog z390-h
master cooler liquid 240E
PSU 650 Bronze 80plus from inox

CLear your BIOS, reset to default settings...

Set your XMP/RAM speeds to 3200 MHz or whatever should work for your RAM kit...

Confirm MCE set to 'enabled'...(THis setitng alone will attempt to run all cores under load at 4.6 GHz, which should be more than enough for most folks, and even that will be a thermal load. If you have no issues with that load, you can tinker with higher peak clock speeds easily using Intel's XTU.)

NanookAtEskimoDotCom

Reputable
BANNED
Dec 25, 2016
Hello everyone hope you all are doing well I hope if there is someone here running overclocking with i7 9700k on asus rog z390 motherboard plz.

I want you to share with your overclocking settings from the bios since the automatic ai overclocking from the bios is suck and does not give me a stable performance at all.
I want the settings from an up to date bios cause my bios is up to date and i cant find on the internet any settings for the last bios updates

My specs are :
i7 9700k rog z390-h
master cooler liquid 240E
PSU 650 Bronze 80plus from inox

I'm running an i7-9700k on an Asus mainboard. The AI tuning didn't work for <Mod Edit> on it either. What has worked for me, 1.35 volts on CPU core, 5Ghz ALL cores except step down 200Mhz for AVX instructions. I'm using an Evo-212 A with two fans and they are the highest CFM fan I could find. Not quiet but it stays below about 70C even when doing an 8-core GCC kernel compile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrJackmo
Sep 13, 2021
I'm running an i7-9700k on an Asus mainboard. The AI tuning didn't work for <Mod Edit> on it either. What has worked for me, 1.35 volts on CPU core, 5Ghz ALL cores except step down 200Mhz for AVX instructions. I'm using an Evo-212 A with two fans and they are the highest CFM fan I could find. Not quiet but it stays below about 70C even when doing an 8-core GCC kernel compile.

I would be very thankfull if you can pictures me the whole settings bro since im not that expert or good enough abouut that to know how to do all of that. Please my best regards.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I would be very thankfull if you can pictures me the whole settings bro since im not that expert or good enough abouut that to know how to do all of that. Please my best regards.

Again, each CPU is different. If you want to do it manually, then you have to manually adjust it and carefully watch temperatures and test stability. If you're just going to slap someone else's settings in there copy-and-paste, then you should skip overclocking and just run it at stock.

Sep 13, 2021
Again, each CPU is different. If you want to do it manually, then you have to manually adjust it and carefully watch temperatures and test stability. If you're just going to slap someone else's settings in there copy-and-paste, then you should skip overclocking and just run it at stock.

I neee cz the cpu is bottlenecking my rtx 3060ti at the stock settings.
I eont mind monitor the results of copy pasting as for example now my actual oc settings gimme almost enequal gpu usage and cpu usage with in advancement for gpu usage but sometimes it goes belowcpu usage.

My game is Call of duty Warzone

Sep 13, 2021
I eont mind monitor the results of copy pasting as for example now my actual oc settings gimme almost enequal gpu usage and cpu usage with in advancement for gpu usage but sometimes it goes belowcpu usage.

the cpu temperature is rabging between 75 °C and 60 during the game

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

There's no reason to think an i7-9700K at stock is bottlenecking a 3060 Ti. And if it was, a few percentage points of additional power wouldn't change that considerably.

In any case, there's a reason that introductions to overclocking don't just give you a bunch of numbers to just plug in: that's not how you overclock properly or safely. This is one of those things that you either do correctly or don't do at all.

Sep 13, 2021
Ok whenever I play warzone on i7 9700k at stock speed the gpu usage does not even reach its 90% usage and sometimes 60%.
What can i call that ? And if there is away to improve thaf plz do not hesitqte to share it with me.

For your information my cpu was already overclocked and somehow i lost my oc settings and i reached that level of 9t% gpu usage and above

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Ok whenever I play warzone on i7 9700k at stock speed the gpu usage does not even reach its 90% usage and sometimes 60%.
What can i call that ? And if there is away to improve thaf plz do not hesitqte to share it with me.

For your information my cpu was already overclocked and somehow i lost my oc settings and i reached that level of 9t% gpu usage and above

Do you have this issue in any other games? Warzone is horribly optimized and buggy, and is poor software to determine the performance of your PC.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That cpu is pretty fast, but it's not the overclocking that 'makes them much faster'.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense like this.
What seems to get in the way of the Intel cpus is their power limits, which, when overclocking, are usually removed.

Instead of trying to overclock the cpu, go into bios and raise the Power Limit 1 value. Downside of both this and OC'ing, is higher operating temperatures.
Asus hasn't changed their interface much at all between platforms, the setting should be in a similar location.
Gonna check my bios real quick and update where you can likely find it.

Sep 13, 2021
That cpu is pretty fast, but it's not the overclocking that 'makes them much faster'.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense like this.
What seems to get in the way of the Intel cpus is their power limits, which, when overclocking, are usually removed.

Instead of trying to overclock the cpu, go into bios and raise the Power Limit 1 value. Downside of both this and OC'ing, is higher operating temperatures.
Asus hasn't changed their interface much at all between platforms, the setting should be in a similar location.
Gonna check my bios real quick and update where you can likely find it.

thank you thank yoiuu soo much broo,
all respect and love <3 I really appreciate that gesture

Sep 13, 2021
Ok, in Advanced menu > Ai Tweaking, scroll down to Internal Cpu Power Management.
In there, it's Long Duration Package Power Limit. Normally, this is 95w, which is kinda starving it for power; it can easily go over that if allowed to.
Try entering 190w.
Bro i tried it does not give any difference. It still the same

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Bro i tried it does not give any difference. It still the same
Bummer. Probably not the cpu then, with the exception of Warzone being capable of utilizing up to 12 cpu threads.

Difficult to base performance on a single game, especially that one, due to its issues.
People have to resort to using some kinda guide to change settings most wouldn't go near normally - like this one that gets plastered often:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSXmzm783s

Sep 13, 2021
Bummer. Probably not the cpu then, with the exception of Warzone being capable of utilizing up to 12 cpu threads.

Difficult to base performance on a single game, especially that one, due to its issues.
People have to resort to using some kinda guide to change settings most wouldn't go near normally - like this one that gets plastered often:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSXmzm783s

You know what im gonne eecird a video for benchmarking warzone and red dead 2 so you can get the real view at what the problem that i have.

Cause after testing red dead 2 i got the same issue of warzone