OC problems after updating BIOS

Wessam_1

Reputable
Apr 13, 2016
i have 6600k running rock solid on z170x-Gaming 5 @4.3ghz for more than a year, never touched the Vcore that was about 1.200 on load, and minor values on idle ..

i updated to f22 bios, did my usual OC settings and had a blue screen on launch, cause now the default vcore says its 1.2 on bios but on reality its 1.164 on load, which not enough,

i set it manually to 1.25v and it shows 1.176 under load in cpu-z and AIDA64 , and 1.236 on idle!
using prime 95 to test

i don't like the way Vcore behave when i set it manually cause its higher on idle than in load! and never goes down when idle like stock Vcore, i don't know what am i doing wrong.

is there a way to increase Vcore only in load and let it idle on lower values or even same not higher!

any help will be appreciated

Solution
i solved it after figuring out the new bios options, i will explain for anyone may have same issue

LLC to -high- prevents the Vcore drops on load.
Vcore to -normal- and then uses + and - to add or drop Voltage did the trick and now the Vcore is much lower on idle.
voltage optimization to -yes- i don't know exactly what it does but seems it helps with stability.

i'm running 4.6 ghz now with with 1.308v to 1.340. depending on the load with 0.888v on idle

Wessam_1

Reputable
Apr 13, 2016
i solved it after figuring out the new bios options, i will explain for anyone may have same issue

LLC to -high- prevents the Vcore drops on load.
Vcore to -normal- and then uses + and - to add or drop Voltage did the trick and now the Vcore is much lower on idle.
voltage optimization to -yes- i don't know exactly what it does but seems it helps with stability.

i'm running 4.6 ghz now with with 1.308v to 1.340. depending on the load with 0.888v on idle

Solution