OC problems after updating BIOS

Wessam_1

Reputable
Apr 13, 2016
i have 6600k running rock solid on z170x-Gaming 5 @4.3ghz for more than a year, never touched the Vcore that was about 1.200 on load, and minor values on idle ..

i updated to f22 bios, did my usual OC settings and had a blue screen on launch, cause now the default vcore says its 1.2 on bios but on reality its 1.164 on load, which not enough,

i set it manually to 1.25v and it shows 1.176 under load in cpu-z and AIDA64 , and 1.236 on idle!
using prime 95 to test

i don't like the way Vcore behave when i set it manually cause its higher on idle than in load! and never goes down when idle like stock Vcore, i don't know what am i doing wrong.

is there a way to increase Vcore only in load and let it idle on lower values or even same not higher!

any help will be appreciated

Solution
i solved it after figuring out the new bios options, i will explain for anyone may have same issue

LLC to -high- prevents the Vcore drops on load.
Vcore to -normal- and then uses + and - to add or drop Voltage did the trick and now the Vcore is much lower on idle.
voltage optimization to -yes- i don't know exactly what it does but seems it helps with stability.

i'm running 4.6 ghz now with with 1.308v to 1.340. depending on the load with 0.888v on idle

Wessam_1

Reputable
Apr 13, 2016
i solved it after figuring out the new bios options, i will explain for anyone may have same issue

LLC to -high- prevents the Vcore drops on load.
Vcore to -normal- and then uses + and - to add or drop Voltage did the trick and now the Vcore is much lower on idle.
voltage optimization to -yes- i don't know exactly what it does but seems it helps with stability.

i'm running 4.6 ghz now with with 1.308v to 1.340. depending on the load with 0.888v on idle

Solution

TRENDING THREADS