Question OC Problems (Ram,CPU)

Mar 13, 2022
I always wanted to OC my PC beacouse it's easy and it only takes time.
I started trying whitout knowing a thing about it and it just ended whit failed reboots and bios automatic reset just did all.
Now after months or years I wanted to OC ram again beacouse everyone could do that, the fact is that i can't.
Every single time I try to OC the ram from 3200 to 3266 mhz (1633) my PC doesn't boot.
Obsiously i know how to do it now, i just need to set higher voltages. I set 3266 MHz, timings to auto and voltages to manual (1,380V). Save and restart, tried this 2/3 times but I knew that for some reason I can't OC frequency but only timings (whit estrenal programs). TODAY i esperiemented more from the bios but it still the same.
The good thing is that i can set the CPU from 36 to 37.50 whit higher voltage and it boots up whitout problems.
The PROBLEM is that TODAY i did the same but doing RAM OC from Ryzen master.
Same profile 37.50, but i lowered the timings, it was all alright but WHEN I tried to do same timings whit 1633 (minimum OC) it's completely stuck.
Reboots doesent work, some reboots got to the (pre bios options) visual but it's stuck there.
I know that i can solve this but i really can't understand what's wrong. I watch people whit my same motherboard and they can do everything that i can't do.

Now I'm completely stuck, i don't really know if resetting the bios is really going to work beacouse it's supposed to boot automatically saying if I want to restart whit optimized settings, but it doesent.

My specs:
Ryzen 5 2600 (Stock cooler)
Gtx 1650 Super
B450m s2h
Patriot viper 8gb (4gb single)
bought it new 500w be quiet 80 plus bronze ~1,5 ys old
SSD Kingston 250gb (60/70% full)

Boots up sometimes, tries to boot windows but it can't beacouse Ryzen master needs to boot instantly (i did save and test) and it needs to restart so now I'm stuck here on this "loop"

Tried to go on bios it doesn't "load", just back screen but in reality it's on.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Do not bump threads.

Edit the original post if you need to add updates or corrections. Or reply to a posted response.

How old is that 500 Watt PSU? Certification level?

New, original, refurbished used?

And other components do matter: disk drive(s) - make, model, capacity, how full?

USB devices all draw power.

Fans? RGB lights?

Update your post to include all other installed devices.

My thought is that the PSU is not up to meeting either peak power demands and/or sudden changes in power demands.

Reactions: Second___
Mar 13, 2022
Do not bump threads.

Edit the original post if you need to add updates or corrections. Or reply to a posted response.

And other components do matter: disk drive(s) - make, model, capacity, how full?

Fans? RGB lights?

My thought is that the PSU is not up to meeting either peak power demands and/or sudden changes in power demands.
Do not bump threads.

Fans? RGB lights?

Sorry, i edited only 2 things on the thread, the PSU is not the problem and I'm sure it isn't beacouse i had it for a long time like 1 year or more and i never had problems whit OC CPU, and GPU.
I'm trying to get the PC to reboot but it's like stopping to the pre frame bios.

I just have a fan that comes whit the case and theres just a blue strip light that doesn't really work how its supposed to, but never made interferences or idk what problems there could be whit fans etc.

I only have this PC and i use it everyday.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
This: "i had it for a long time like 1 year or more and i never had problems whit OC CPU, and GPU. "

Unfortunately PSUs, like many other products, have a designed in EOL (End of Life).

Which means that they will eventually falter and fail at some point in their "lifetime" warranty.

And if the PSU has a history of heavy use for gaming, video editing, and even mining then the PSU may have an earlier demise.

Or reach some threshold condition where power demands are high and/or change rapidly and cannot keep up and problems occur.

What you can do:

First stop all over-clocking. Go back to the original settings.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, browned or blackening components. pinched or kinked wires, swollen components, etc..

Swap in a new fresh CMOS battery.

First objective being to restore stable performance.

= = = =

If problems occur then look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond to crashes or boot problems.,

Mar 13, 2022
This: "i had it for a long time like 1 year or more and i never had problems whit OC CPU, and GPU. "

Unfortunately PSUs, like many other products, have a designed in EOL (End of Life).

Which means that they will eventually falter and fail at some point in their "lifetime" warranty.

And if the PSU has a history of heavy use for gaming, video editing, and even mining then the PSU may have an earlier demise.

Or reach some threshold condition where power demands are high and/or change rapidly and cannot keep up and problems occur.

What you can do:

First stop all over-clocking. Go back to the original settings.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, browned or blackening components. pinched or kinked wires, swollen components, etc..

Swap in a new fresh CMOS battery.

First objective being to restore stable performance.

= = = =

If problems occur then look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond to crashes or boot problems.,
The first thing that i can say is that i didn't use the PSU this much for it to be def.
I tried checking the ram sticks, taking only 1 stick and checking it but it continues not to boot as it's supposed to.

Now I'm going to boot it after checkingthe battery.
It booted, thanks for the help.
I'm going to do what I can do to still having an "OC" on the timings, beacouse i can.

If I want some suggestions for the timings on the ram do I need to do a new question or not?
How do I make this thread not a question anymore but that is solved?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022
The first thing that i can say is that i didn't use the PSU this much for it to be def.
I tried checking the ram sticks, taking only 1 stick and checking it but it continues not to boot as it's supposed to.

Now I'm going to boot it after checkingthe battery.
It booted, thanks for the help.
I'm going to do what I can do to still having an "OC" on the timings, beacouse i can.

If I want some suggestions for the timings on the ram do I need to do a new question or not?
So your trying to go from 3200 to 3266 this will gain you about nothing as far as performance.
Bro, i needed to test the ram to see the peak frequency...but i can't

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
ryzen 5 2600 can't handle ram freq over 3200mhz, i have 3400g which is Zen+ like your cpu, after many tries finally ram workes at 3400Mhz and that's all i can get with 1.35V Dram voltage and SoC Voltage on Auto. download Zentiming, post your timings here.