[SOLVED] OC Q9650

Eugene$$

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
Mobo is gigabyte p43, on stock i got 9x399, after 400 fsb, its unstable in prime, I want it to be 3.7 GHz (9x412), what is the minimum volts to vcore i need to manually write? thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Whatever the CPU requires to do so. Not going to be a specific answer, every CPU is different. You also need to monitor temperature under load as you increase the voltage. All well and good to be stable, but if you are running the CPU at 100C it will live a short(er) life.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Whatever the CPU requires to do so. Not going to be a specific answer, every CPU is different. You also need to monitor temperature under load as you increase the voltage. All well and good to be stable, but if you are running the CPU at 100C it will live a short(er) life.

Solution

floored63

Reputable
Feb 24, 2020
Mobo is gigabyte p43, on stock i got 9x399, after 400 fsb, its unstable in prime, I want it to be 3.7 GHz (9x412), what is the minimum volts to vcore i need to manually write? thanks.
Not familiar with gigabyte but my old Q9650/asus p5q-pro would boot into windows at some unbelievably low vcore. You need to do the same start under 1.0 and increment up vcore until it will boot into windows then stress test raising vcore until you get it stable.
The gigabyte boards were pretty good overclockers from what i remember.

Reactions: maikutech