OC RAM causing game crash

Mar 12, 2018
Hi,
Just the other day I received my fresh new DDR4 3200 Mhz 16gb (8gbx2) Trident Z RGB ram. All went well, I popped my case open, installed my H55 and new ram, booted up and went straight to BIOS to check if its in all correctly. Everything went fine. But after a bit of RAM checking, I noticed its only running a 2100 Mhz, weird. So I jumped online and found a way to overclock it, restarted OC, went to BIOS, changed my RAM settings to D.O.C.P (I think its called that), saved settings and restarted it. PC booted up in no time, ram working well. So I decided to jump into a game of Rainbow 6, then about 10 mins in, last round, all going fine, a solid 70-90 frames with no lag. Then the game crashes, no errors come up, weird. So I jump into a game of Overwatch, half way through the game it crashes. This time an error popped up, but asking if I'd like to send my in-game benchmark to the Devs. All good, I go watch some youtube for a bit, after a while I went back to Rainbow 6, no lag, still 70-90 frames, I get killed and suddenly my game freezes. I can't "Alt+f4" nor "Ctrl alt del" to get into task manager. So I do to most highly advanced, 80% helpful thing anyone with any knowledge of tech would do, restart my PC. Boot back up, and googled some reasons why its bad. All pointing towards the RGB lighting app causing corruption, so I delete it. No fix. So I go back into BIOS and change my settings for RAM Frequency to default. Everything working fine.

Although I do like the new RAM, I didn't pay $300 for 100 Mhz increase from my previous one, can anyone help me?

If someone is using the same MOBO as me, that’d help a lot, or even link a another thread with the same question

MOBO- Asus b350-f
GPU- Asus cebrus 1050ti
CPU- AMD Ryzen 1600x
RAM- 16gb 3200hz trident Z

with the new amd mb make sure you have the newest bios file on the mb. look at the ram sticks. see if at there max speed you need more voltage then stock ram??? depending on the ram chip you may have to bump the dram voltage up a little.