[SOLVED] OC RAM for Ryzen 3600

PC_Philipp

Commendable
Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys!
I am going to buy the following:
AMD ryzen 5 3600
Msi b450 Tomahawk max

I read a lot of different tests and reviews and stuff most of them stated that 3600c16 RAM is the sweet spot

Since 3600c16 and RAM is very pricey in my Region i was thinking about buying 3200c16 RAM and OC it to 3600c16
Or is it better to buy 3600c18(nearly Same price than 3200c16) RAM and Set the timings to 3600c16?
I am looking at Corsair vengeance lpx 3200c16 (If that helps as I read that the heatsink makes a huge differnce)

And final q: Is there a difference with OC ability between 16 and 32gb?

Thanks a lot for all replies in advance!

Solution
Just get the 3200mhz CL16 memory OR the 3600mhz CL18 memory and LEAVE it alone. Either of them is fine, and the performance difference isn't truthfully going to be enough either way for YOU to notice it anyhow. 3200mhz at CL16 and 3600mhz at CL18 are so close in overall true latency that unless you are running synthetic benchmarks, you are never going to be able to tell the difference in any game or application. Don't bother messing with the time consuming process of overclocking, or spending hours and hours fiddling with timings, because you are going to need to do VERY EXTENSIVE stability testing in either case to ensure there is absolutely no instability present to cause micro errors and corrupt your OS and personal files.

Just get...
Just get the 3200mhz CL16 memory OR the 3600mhz CL18 memory and LEAVE it alone. Either of them is fine, and the performance difference isn't truthfully going to be enough either way for YOU to notice it anyhow. 3200mhz at CL16 and 3600mhz at CL18 are so close in overall true latency that unless you are running synthetic benchmarks, you are never going to be able to tell the difference in any game or application. Don't bother messing with the time consuming process of overclocking, or spending hours and hours fiddling with timings, because you are going to need to do VERY EXTENSIVE stability testing in either case to ensure there is absolutely no instability present to cause micro errors and corrupt your OS and personal files.

Just get either one and set the XMP profile and go on with life. It's simply not worth the amount of time you have to invest unless you have nothing better to do and feel the need to tinker with your system. If you DO, then I'd suggest you read ALL of the information at BOTH of the following links, before doing so.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/26096937-post1.html

Solution