Question OC should I push more?

adi4ro

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2012
Hi, I have an Ryzen 1600 on an Asus b350 Plus which I have overclocked using the cpu core ratio to 40(4GHz and and voltage offset that gives me raughly 1.307v or 1.297v can’t remember for sure (not at home atm).

So I’ve been running Aida64 for 8 hours with everything normal temps don’t even go past 48 with a Coolermaster Liquidmaster 120 Lite which to mee is impressive but maybe its normal for this CPU’s ...idk...(did took everything of yesterday and cleaned and applied better thermal paste)

My question is since I seem to be on a safe voltage still and it seems like I’ve hit the CPU lottery, should I push for more GHz or try and lower the voltage?(didn’t try to lower it too much to be honest as that was only the second test I run).

Forgot to mention Ram is also set at 3000mhz with a voltage of 1.35(I had problems with this before the oc..as Swapped my laptop for the pc and I thougt it will come with 1 stick of ram instead of 2x4gb... so I ordered 1 more 8gb stick and now I’m running 2x4gb in dual and 1x8gb single but since they different brands it seems like I had to raise the voltage a bit.

adi4ro

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2012
I have OC’d my ryzen 1600 to 4GHz using 1.307 or 1.297(can’t remember exactly as I’m not home).

I’m using an Asus b350 plus mobo and Ram is set at 3000mhz 1.35v also using a liquidmaster 120 Lite as a cooler.

Now i run Aida64 for 8 hours and everything seems stable and temps don’t go past 48 now I feel like i hit the CPU lottery as that to mee seems like sorcery.

I only run Aida twice.. once at 1.35v and 1 at the voltage above...as in all honesty I was expecting it to fail horribly...

My question is should I push for more GH’z or just lower the voltage... it seems like my chip wants to GO Hard😂

Lutfij

Titan
No, if I were you I wouldn't push any further. Also, you might want to stay within 1.25v if you plan to stick to that processor. AMD have stated that 1.25v is a cu-off point if you want it for 24/7 use beyond which voltage the processor begins to degrade.

Same thread topic, please don't create multiple threads!

On the topic of your rams, I an advocate of NOT mixing and matching rams. You're going to see better results with a kit, at lower voltages.

Last edited:

adi4ro

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2012
No, if I were you I wouldn't push any further. Also, you might want to stay within 1.25v if you plan to stick to that processor. AMD have stated that 1.25v is a cu-off point if you want it for 24/7 use beyond which voltage the processor begins to degrade.

Same thread topic, please don't create multiple threads!

On the topic of your rams, I an advocate of NOT mixing and matching rams. You're going to see better results with a kit, at lower voltages.
My apologies I’m on my phone and I thought its acting up as it seemed like it didn’t post and I lost all I wrote.

I thought Amd recommanded to stay within 1.35 also not planning yo keep this CPU past next year... just waiting for the next Amd lineup plus the supposedly DDR5 that its said to release next year for consumer use.