Question Oc shut downs

boykasz

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
Hello. I got a m41 p26 mobo, a quad xeon e5430 2.6ghz, 3gb ram, gt610 2gb drr3, some old hdds and a 450w power supply. I tried to oc cpu but i can t go higher than 2.72ghz,if i go higher my pc shut down and then cooler, lights ans everything starts running but nothing on the screen. I don t have money to upgrade right now. Some advices maybe i could go higher on oc?i need it for playing csgo, nothing more

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
This isn't actually a motherboard you want to be overclocking with and given the entry-level GPU from a decade ago, I'd wager the power supply isn't of very good quality.

I would not overclock with this setup. And the fact that it's not stable when you try a small overclock just reinforces this notion.

Reactions: maziech

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
A little boost in cs, nothing more
It's not worth it. You need to upgrade Your graphics instead, maybe add some RAM.
GT610 graphics card is junk and You just won't run the game faster by overclocking Your CPU.

The best way to improve is to buy some used GPU at good (cheap) price. Something like 750ti maybe? (50$)

Last edited:

boykasz

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
This isn't actually a motherboard you want to be overclocking with and given the entry-level GPU from a decade ago, I'd wager the power supply isn't of very good quality.

I would not overclock with this setup. And the fact that it's not stable when you try a small overclock just reinforces this notion.
Thank you then, i will look foward for an upgrade

Latest posts