[SOLVED] OC Temp is average 70c under load with custom water cooled loop

Jan 13, 2019
Hi,

I just built a new system with a custom water cooled loop and the CPU temps under load seem to be somewhat high. I built a custom water loop and I just wanted some opinions as to whether this is too high or not.

Its average like 70c while gaming

Specs: i9-9900k overclocked to 4.8ghz
z390 aorus master
gtx 2080 ti
gskill tridentz
970 evo m.2 500gb nvme drive
2tb WD hdd
CPU block is ek- velocity
I have a 420mm radiator thats 45mm thicGPU
EK-Vector gfx card block
ek-xres pump/res combo

Hope this helps

Solution
Not necessarily, much of this depends on your vcore on your overclock. Higher vcore means more voltage per clock tick, which adds additional thermal load.

One way to determine a baseline would be to reset your clock speeds to stock, test load temps and then compare with overclocked. Testing at stock speeds is a good way to understand if your thermal headroom is a limit/problem with cooling and how hot hardware runs at factory speeds.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Not necessarily, much of this depends on your vcore on your overclock. Higher vcore means more voltage per clock tick, which adds additional thermal load.

One way to determine a baseline would be to reset your clock speeds to stock, test load temps and then compare with overclocked. Testing at stock speeds is a good way to understand if your thermal headroom is a limit/problem with cooling and how hot hardware runs at factory speeds.

Solution