[SOLVED] OC unstable with battlefield but not Prime95.

Dec 31, 2018
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could help me figure out what's wrong with my OC?

I'm currently running a 5GHz OC @ 1.335v on my i9 9900k. LLC is set to auto. Cache has been left at auto (4.3GHz).The only other BIOS setting changed is XMP. I'm currently running my memory at 3466MHz.
The overclock is all done in the BIOS, not 3rd party software.

I ran Prime95 for 3 hours this evening - the highest temp i got was 78C and everything passed, I ran the XTU & Aida stress tests at the same time for 1 hour and no issues. I've also tried cinebench and Unigine Heaven left running in the background on extreme for about 45 mins as i watched some vids, no concerning temps or issues.

I found these settings work well with everything I've thrown at them... Apart from Battlefield 5, which keeps crashing my PC. I am able to play a few matches (2/3/4) before the crash. I don't think it's thermals as the CPU generally sits between 65-75c while in game. (You can also see in the photos that the temps at the time of the crash aren't awful.)

https://imgur.com/a/3cP2cFa
https://imgur.com/a/19hh2FZ

My PC specs are as follows:

Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5GHz
Corsair H150i Pro 320mm AIO Cooler
Asus ROG Maximus Code XI motherboard
4 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3466MHz
Asus ROG Strix 2080ti OC Edition
Corsair RMX 850W PSU.
1x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD
1x Intel M2. 2TB SSD

Also, I don't know if this matters, but I control all case fans and the AIO through Corsair iCUE.

My GPU is running as is out of the box. I don't want to OC it until my CPU is stable.
Another strange thing to note is that since the CPU OC my GPU temps have dropped at load, averaging mid 50's to low 60's in games; down from 65-70 average.

Thankfully my second monitor just freezes upon crashing, so i was able to take some pictures with my phone of the monitors in aida64 at the time of the most recent crash.

Thank you for reading, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!