Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
Hi, There! How'y guys been doin'? I needed some sorta help Overcockin',
I've looked into it over the internet, couldnet found any help, There ain't nothin' regardin' this.

I've got Msi Afterburner and the usual problem is, OC won't apply, Whenever I play something as video on my computer. It was same with the chrome but I disabled that stuff Called " Use Hardware Acceleration when available " Msi is still Okay If playin' any vid on chrome. But, Whenever I play anythin' on the media and Movies and TV . OCS won't apply
Is there anythin' to block MOVIES AND TV/Media player receiving stuff from my GPU... I won't my gpu to be used on these stuff or anythin' else to solve the matter.
You are requested provide help. Thank you!

Solution
Because they aren't related. Video is not graphics. Video is 1 file played through the cpu, but needs the gpu for physical viewing, graphics is thousands of small files that need gpu power to pixelate the monitor. So video really doesn't need much at all. You can watch 4k video on an older gtx750ti or any newer igpu that'll handle the codecs. So the boost clock changes on the gpu are totally useless and the gpu doesn't see the need to boost at all. It's all cpu output. Not gpu.

I'd hazard a guess, but sounds like there's an instability in the gpu OC, and it's being overridden and the OC canceled by Windows/Browser in order for the videos to run. Check your browser/windows settings for conflicts with what the gpu is set for, like...

Ashraf546

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
I'm completely unsure as to what you're trying to do. Overclocking your graphics card to watch videos..? Also, I don't know anyone who would want to turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome.
Did you even read what i wrote?
Msi afterurner won't load the speed i apply... Because of those video plays...
When you drag the core clock to a point it won't happen because you ran some videos on your computer.
If you don't run any video or watch it on your computer You can load your saved profile on Msi Aterburner and the OC MHZ would be applied... If I watch any videos THE MHZ on core clock and memory clock won't be applied on the account of that videos being played...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Because they aren't related. Video is not graphics. Video is 1 file played through the cpu, but needs the gpu for physical viewing, graphics is thousands of small files that need gpu power to pixelate the monitor. So video really doesn't need much at all. You can watch 4k video on an older gtx750ti or any newer igpu that'll handle the codecs. So the boost clock changes on the gpu are totally useless and the gpu doesn't see the need to boost at all. It's all cpu output. Not gpu.

I'd hazard a guess, but sounds like there's an instability in the gpu OC, and it's being overridden and the OC canceled by Windows/Browser in order for the videos to run. Check your browser/windows settings for conflicts with what the gpu is set for, like hardware acceleration etc. There's a conflict somewhere that's not getting resolved.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution

TRENDING THREADS