[SOLVED] OC

J8Y

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
Hi all
Just looking for some more opinions on OC if you could help!!!
I’ve read a couple of articles on people claiming the can OC an FX 8350 with air to 4.4 - 4.6?

1. Is this possible & 2. Could you do it with a Frostwin V2.0 dual fan? Or would I need a liquid?
Views are most welcome, thanks.

Solution
Not with factory supplied cooler but with some just bit better like CM 212 Evo is quite possible. I had mine at 4.8GHz under Mugen 3 cooler going 24/7 at decent temps. Cooler itself is not only thing, need a very good MB too as well as good case ventilation.
I have a MSI 970a Krait MB
Tower is EG Coolmax with 3x120mm fans
I wouldn't invest any money into a cooler for the 8350. As far as their claims to 4.6 they could have just got a good chip. Honestly though even at that overclock the performance increase will be minimal, the FX series was not really a good CPU line and you would be better off investing in upgrading to something like a Ryzen 3000 series CPU

Hi all
Just looking for some more opinions on OC if you could help!!!
I’ve read a couple of articles on people claiming the can OC an FX 8350 with air to 4.4 - 4.6?

1. Is this possible & 2. Could you do it with a Frostwin V2.0 dual fan? Or would I need a liquid?
Views are most welcome, thanks.
Not with factory supplied cooler but with some just bit better like CM 212 Evo is quite possible. I had mine at 4.8GHz under Mugen 3 cooler going 24/7 at decent temps. Cooler itself is not only thing, need a very good MB too as well as good case ventilation.

J8Y

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
I have a MSI 970a Krait MB
Tower is EG Coolmax with 3x120mm fans

Solution