Occasional "No Signal" For Monitor When PC Successfully boots into Windows 7 Problem!

iPatzx

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
Hey Guys,

I recently just built my new computer and I have slight annoying issue. Occasionally when I start my computer and succesfully boot into windows 7 "I can hear the sound in the background" Theres no signal to the monitor. Ive tried replugging in the monitor, Plugging into a different dvi spot. Ive also tried plugging in hdmi and theres just no way to get the signal back. Also windows 7 isnt frozen because when i type my password in and press enter I hear myself login. Now here are system Specs.

Windows 7 Premium
Asus Maximus IV Hero ROG
GTX 770 4gb Windforce
Intel i7 4770k
Corsair H100i
RipJaw 8gb (2x4) 1600Mhz
EVGA Gold Powersupply 1000w
Samsung 120gb 840 series SSD

At first I thought my overclock was causing this problem but i still get the issue with normal bios settings. Next I thought it was because I updated my Graphics Cards drivers but i brought them back to what they came in the box and I still have the issue. I reinstalled windows 7 and reinstalled all of its drivers and still no luck. I even took my bios off of fast boot and put a longer delay on the post and ill still occasionally get the "no signal" and have to restart my computer which is very annoying. It happens daily and Im desperate for a fix. Some other things ive tried was swapping the ram and doing a powercycle where I remove the power cord and hold the power button down for around 30 seconds. Still no luck. This is the only issue my computer has. Ive never put any extreme heat on the board the most my overclock has put out was 4.4ghz @ 1.31v @ 65C under Aida64 cpu stress test which is what Im using for my daily overclock. Im wondering if I should update my bios as a last option because the last thing I need is to screw up my motherboard when all the components work(atleast I think they do). Ive played Crysis with all settings very high and get 60+ framerate constant so i dont think i have a faulty graphics card. Ive been searching around for a week now trying lots of different things and im running out of options.

UPDATE: Just updated my bios to the latest revision still no luck. Im having a feeling the graphics card may be having issues im going to plug in the power connector into a different vga slot to see if theres anymore luck.

Solution
I bought a evga 760 4gb, with the same issue. The answer to my thread on here was probable bad card. Seems to me that the 700 series has a good chunk of issues atm. Id see if you can rma it. The new nvidia drivers also give a bunch of errors and warnings on boot with win 7 in the event viewer. My system should boot in 7 seconds, which it does sometimes, other times it is searching for crap with the drivers that takes a good 30 seconds.

Targus100

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
I bought a evga 760 4gb, with the same issue. The answer to my thread on here was probable bad card. Seems to me that the 700 series has a good chunk of issues atm. Id see if you can rma it. The new nvidia drivers also give a bunch of errors and warnings on boot with win 7 in the event viewer. My system should boot in 7 seconds, which it does sometimes, other times it is searching for crap with the drivers that takes a good 30 seconds.

Solution

iPatzx

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
Ya all my issues have gotten worse so I'm going to first Rma the card. I'm getting all sorts of system instability issues now with my system crashing and stuff.

iPatzx

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
I have now figured out that the motherboards first PCIE slot was defective as the second slot works perfectly. I have ordeered a new one at newegg and I am getting a refund for the superbiiz board