Question Occasional partial screen flashing

Nov 18, 2020
Hello.

So the issue I'm having is that I've noticed occasional flashing on my parts of my monitor. From what I can tell, it only happens sometimes when I initially open something, like a program, or a new Youtube video to buffer. From what I could find in my searches online, every person that had issues with flashing, whether from the GPU or monitor, were from doing things under load like playing modern games, etc, which I've never experienced. Below is an image of when I was finally able to make it happen (because of course it doesn't when I actually need to it) as an example of what happens. Sometimes the flashes are bigger/smaller, just seems to vary, and only lasts for a second. I never experienced this on my last PC, and as it's not happening under load like gaming or even when I have my full screened app open for my remote job, I'm not too sure personally of what the issue is exactly, and was hoping someone here might now.

IkIalkQ.png

Monitor: Dell 27" S2719DGF (connected via Accell DisplayPort cable)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700 X
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max ATX AM4
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT
PSU: Corsair RMx 850 W
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB and 1 TB SSDs
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Thank you for your help. If you need further information, just let me know.

Nov 18, 2020
Have you tried disabling Freesync?
Unfortunately, yeah. When I took that video/picture, Freesync was turned off. I've tried also turning down the refresh rate from 144 Hz to 60 hz, but the flashes still happen regardless of Freesync being on/off and the refresh rate being higher or lower.

EDIT: I forgot to add in my above post, but I believe I've disabled at least some of the overlays/background programs from AMD/MSI, as I read some people having issues with them conflicting with each other and causing issues, but I unfortunately can't remember the names of said programs right now. EDIT #2: I believe they were MSI Dragon Centre and AMD Adrenalin, but I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts