Question Occasional Reboots

daddystabz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
My PC has recently started to occasionally reboot out of nowhere. I am not sure why this is happening. I have run hard drive defrags and scans for malware and things of that nature to no avail.

I have linked an image of my system temperatures, as recently my liquid cooling system failed and Microcenter installed a new heatsink and new fans instead of replacing the liquid cooling. https://ibb.co/jMr7cqn

I also have a few external hard drives hooked into the PC via USB into a hub.

Does anyone know of any good diagnostics I can run to try to get to the bottom of the issue, please?

daddystabz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Here is a text file with all my system info, exported from Windows/System: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ull464nbmtccrm/System_Information.txt/file

Also, here is a bit of info from when I had it built by CyberPower PC:

CAS: CYBERPOWERPC X-Titan 200 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Fan Control, EZ Swap HDD Dock, Side Panel Window [-23] (Black Color)

CD: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-4930K Six-Core 3.40 GHz 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified) [+266]

HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1866MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

MOTHERBOARD: * GIGABYTE X79-UP4 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 5, GblAN, 4 GEn3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1 PCI

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

daddystabz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I suspect it is time for a new PSU. That one is both old and of dubious quality (when it was new). What is your budget for a replacement PSU?

I have been suspicious of the power supply for a while. I think I can afford a nice one, since power supplies are not one of the more expensive parts of a PC. I almost replaced it when my liquid cooling system failed last time I had any issues.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Reactions: daddystabz

TRENDING THREADS