Occasionally my pc screen goes black with following high fan speeds

Automata

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
Hi
My last year built pc which has a gpu MSI 1080 gaming X, cpu i7 7700, ram ddr4 2x8 ripjawz, mobo MSI B250 gaming pro carbon , psu corsair rm550x (550w) and samsung evo sata ssd 250 as boot drive.

My screen goes black like my display was unplugged from my gpu, then my fan speed goes up cpu, case fans and gpu.

I’m not sure what the problem is because I don’t OC or anything of that nature.

Thanks

Perform some stability tests. Even at stock speeds systems can be unstable. Does it only happen when you are gaming or performing resource intensive tasks?
Download and run Prime95's 'Blend" test for a minimum of 30 mins. If that passes download and run Unigine's Valley or Heaven benchmark for at least 30 mins.
Let us know how that goes.

Automata

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
No not in gaming or anything, just when I'm in desktop, watching youtube or just booted my pc up and gotten to my desktop, the screen just goes black and my monitor shows nothing is connected and it's not my monitors fault or gpu-s. I played some hitman (the new one because it gets some good strain on my pc) benchmark and even played it for sometime like 30 min or so.

I've even searched on tom's hardware the similar issue, though people suggest a new psu. Not sure if it is my psu because it's a good psu.

I'll try the suggested Prime95

Automata

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
Okay it occured on 25 minutes in and the screen went black with PRIME95

What conclusion can I get from it?
I'm gonna do 1 more and my temps are good, like cpu is in 70s and gpu is in 50s

Okay I decided to do a second run with PRIME95 and I'm running it for 36 minutes+ as I'm writing this.

TRENDING THREADS