Occipital’s Structure Sensor Reimagined For Mobile 6DoF Inside-Out Positional Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Wow. Take that, hololens!

This is a lot like what some people are doing with Google's Project Tango. They're using a Cardboard-style HMD with the tablet, for a closed AR experience. Also like Intel's Project Alloy, in fact.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
I would have gotten a Structure Sensor a while ago if they'd developed Android software. This is something that can be very useful for people who are too technically inclined to own an iDevice, but don't have the time to spend writing their own software to support it. I understand it's also useful for creative people who do use Apple products, but they could double their sales if they created an Android version of the software.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
That software already exists. It's called Project Tango. The only problem is that the hardware support is currently limited to a ~2 year old tablet or an unreleased Lenovo phone.

https://get.google.com/tango/

I'm expecting them to announce some sort of AR HMD or support for Intel's Project Alloy, pretty soon. Otherwise, they risk being left in the dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.