OCCT overclocking error

In which case, it could be trying to operate at too low of a voltage for the processor to remain stable under load even at the clock speed it's at.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

didin´t understand what you´ve said .... are you saying that my PSu could be not giving stable power to my cpu under load ?

It means the VCore setting in your BIOS coupled with whatever LLC setting you have may not be providing sufficient voltage to the CPU when you put it under as heavy a load as OCCT can do even though it's not over-clocked. People commonly do that...'under-volting'...because they don't run 'burner' programs like OCCT all day long and want the lowest possible eco- footprint. Or something.

But then again, some system BIOS's have pretty terrible default settings. At any rate, it's something for you to look into.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

I will look into that then thanks . I´ve tested a second time and the computer reeboted itself without any error or blue screen , after 5 min of testing .

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

yes I am testing the power supply , because I already tested the gpu and ssems fine . I am testing the components because my monitor sometimes flahes for 1 second and it´s really anoying . I think I already done almost anything . Only didin´t tested another monito because I don´t have another to test with the same specs as mine .
I have an AMD A8 6600k with AMD R9 280 x and a corsiar vs550 , never had any problem on games , never had flash the monitor 1 time since I have this monitor or this rig , the monitor only flashes on window apps ... That´s so strange that I really don´t know what to do .

My motherboard is a MSI a88xm-E35

OCCT has this test called PSU test...all it does is load the CPU and GPU with extremely power-intensive routines that are absolutely totally unrepresentative of anything anybody would ever do in a real world computing environment. It's probably not really worth the effort chasing down why your system reboots running it.

But it does put a load on a PSU. If I'm interested in seeing how the PSU is working I'd attach a digital multimeter to the 12 volt line at the CPU connector when running that test, compare readings before starting it and after starting it to see how well behaved the 12V bus is. If it changes a LOT from low-load to high-load, or if it fluctuates wildly under load, I'd be worried about the PSU. The best test would be to look at ripple, but that needs an oscilloscope.

But I doubt you have even a DMM...so instead look at the 12volt readout in OCCT. It might work well enough. But ultimately, I'd doubt the PSU, even if failing, could cause the display to flicker like that. One thing you could do is remove the GPU and run only on the APU for a display. If it goes away your GPU could be at fault.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

well the reads from 12v seems okay according to this and another softwares , I can try the digital multimeter btw , for me the problem is not on the psu but I was running out of ideas .
yes the only thing that left is a gpu test .
anyway if you can help me see my other post with my problem bettter explained about the flashes issue .... it is really strange .
in this post you can understand why I didin´t tested another gpu yet (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3790550/monitor-flashes-flickers-randomly.html). but anyway I´ve run enomerous gpu tests , on OCCT , furmak , heaven , etc ... and the screen never had a flash for any moment .

If you can read the post , and if you know any thing that could do say to me please .

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

I have XMP enabled and set the clock on the RAM as 1600 mhz , changed the clock to auto only and the second time didin´t recived the message but the computer restarted itself .