[SOLVED] OCCT Results meaning ?

tanguy.andre09

Prominent
Jul 7, 2018
Hi there,
I have a buzzing noise from my GPU RTX 2070 so I hearded that it can be coil whined, but I decided to check my PSU with OCCT, first time my pc crashed, second time I down the resolution and saw this (Power test)
View: https://imgur.com/a/HOReJqC

It's write cancel after 00;00;04 sec and 30800 ERROR about "Power", what can I do to fix them and getting out this buzzing sound (wasn't there before few day)

My psu is a :
Cooler Master K550, 550W
please help me :(

Solution
This is still a good choice,
https://www.topachat.com/pages/deta...brique_est_w_ali_puis_ref_est_in10108788.html
i know more xpensive than the CV650watt,but not as expensive as the TXM.

need to find and read again from what i know about that VC650watt,think it comes from this thread,
in the neighbourhood of page 47/49.

tanguy.andre09

Prominent
Jul 7, 2018
That only refers to a case. maybe your psu was a combo with that case? Most likely not a very good one,but there should be sticker on the side which says what psu you really have. Do give us that info although it looks like it might be wise to upgrade to a better quality psu.

Nonono it wasn't , cooler master k550 was a PSU and my case is a Cooler master Master box MB511
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/li5ivcF

And this is the sticker of my PSU
my Cpu is a Ryzen 5 3600, ram:16gb Asus ROG RTX 2070
I had no problem before and this buzz sound is recent since 3 days, so i don't understand, he did great before even with 550W only

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
That model nr. refers to this psu,
MWE Bronze 550 - 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Power Supply | Cooler Master
Not the best choice for a gaming system.

Anyway problem might be two things,either the gpu is having problems or the psu doesn't give clean enough power.
Can you test the gpu in another pc?
Can you test with another psu? maybe from a friend or local shop.

My money right now is on the psu. Not that 550watt isn't enough,but just for lack of quality compared to the other components you have.
Maybe it's just this particular sample you have and would rma do something good for you,but i would see if i could return it after talking to the shop/site you bought it from and get a better psu. They could get another one with rma in mind (well i hope so anyway).

Reactions: tanguy.andre09

tanguy.andre09

Prominent
Jul 7, 2018
That model nr. refers to this psu,
MWE Bronze 550 - 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Power Supply | Cooler Master
Not the best choice for a gaming system.

Anyway problem might be two things,either the gpu is having problems or the psu doesn't give clean enough power.
Can you test the gpu in another pc?
Can you test with another psu? maybe from a friend or local shop.

My money right now is on the psu. Not that 550watt isn't enough,but just for lack of quality compared to the other components you have.
Maybe it's just this particular sample you have and would rma do something good for you,but i would see if i could return it after talking to the shop/site you bought it from and get a better psu. They could get another one with rma in mind (well i hope so anyway).

Yes I think I will follow your advice and buy a better psu, and no for the moment i can't test it or get another psu, but I still can play on my pc for the moment and I still get my framerate so I think it should be the PSU, I did OCCT test for gpu and there is no error so yea I might buy a new one better, do you you have any advice?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Kinda depends on what you can spend and where you live. On a budget a Corsiar CX550watt or abit more expensive the Corsair TX550M.
If you can get a Riorotro Enigma G2 650watt for a decent price also a good choice.

Don't know what is available to you so you can also post some models that are available and we can take a look on what might be best choice.

tanguy.andre09

Prominent
Jul 7, 2018
Kinda depends on what you can spend and where you live. On a budget a Corsiar CX550watt or abit more expensive the Corsair TX550M.
If you can get a Riorotro Enigma G2 650watt for a decent price also a good choice.

Don't know what is available to you so you can also post some models that are available and we can take a look on what might be best choice.

I live in Belgium, I Check for the TX550M it's a bit expensive, but I saw a Corsair CV650W can it be good ?

Thank u

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
What can you spend on a psu? And i personally would try an get something better than a Corsiar VC series although from what i've read is that the 650watt variant is not that bad.

Saw what the VC 650watt does, which is about €65,- before shipping while the better TX550M does €75,- before shipping at this moment,
Corsair TX550M, 550 Watt voeding Zwart, 2x PCIe, Kabel-management
i would invest the extra tenner.

tanguy.andre09

Prominent
Jul 7, 2018
What can you spend on a psu? And i personally would try an get something better than a Corsiar VC series although from what i've read is that the 650watt variant is not that bad.

Saw what the VC 650watt does, which is about €65,- before shipping while the better TX550M does €75,- before shipping at this moment,
Corsair TX550M, 550 Watt voeding Zwart, 2x PCIe, Kabel-management
i would invest the extra tenner.

Ok, I prefer spend the lowest money possible with a good quality, and I have a reduce of 20€ on this site https://www.topachat.com/pages/prod...rubrique_est_w_ali_puis_f_est_19-276_251.html
So it's really better if I can buy it here

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.topachat.com/pages/deta...brique_est_w_ali_puis_ref_est_in10108788.html

need to find and read again from what i know about that VC650watt,think it comes from this thread,

Solution

tanguy.andre09

Prominent
Jul 7, 2018

Thank you very much for your help I didn't know that bitfenix made good psu, I'll check the thread but x999 thank you for your help and stay safe at home (this sh*it of coronavirus) =)