#OccupyApple Hits iPhone 5 Lines, Sells Spots for Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
2 things are dumb about this, first of all, if you pre-ordered it by mail then it was not hard to get, what's with the lines (my idiot family bought 2 and got them both today). Also, you really think that a protest is going to stop the sheep from buying the latest shiny apple product?

gorz

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
"Technology should be free"

Pffff like that would ever happen. Nobody is going to take the time in creating a product just to give to you for "the good of humanity". That is not very human like.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
No, material goods are generally not given away in our society... because with limited resources, its simply not feasible to make a pile of electronics for every single person on earth. Thats why we have an economic system in place that dictates who will get one and who wont.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]gorz[/nom]"Technology should be free"Pffff like that would ever happen. Nobody is going to take the time in creating a product just to give to you for "the good of humanity". That is not very human like.[/citation]Now, they do give free cell phones out... if you sign up for a 2-year contract. That being said: yep. an iPhone is not a necessity for most people.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Shin-san[/nom]That being said: yep. an iPhone is not a necessity for most people.[/citation]
But so is a Galaxy S III, but you don't see people blocking phone stores. No one is bitching about how Galaxy S III is no better than an S II. Other than the fact that it has a better DAC which no one cares about, and a faster CPU that once again, almost unnoticable, it's not much different comparing it between older and newer iPhones.

@OccupyWallStreet GET A JOB.

I'd have to go with the people waiting in line. Granted, thinking people would rather give him money than donate to charity, and

"In an interview with TechCrunch, Lash argued “Technology should be free and incorporated into public services.”"

Is insane. Apparently food, healthcare, unemployment, social security and tuition assistance aren't enough, they need government funded iPhones too.

That being said they were smart enough to figure out someone would be dumb enough to pay them for a spot in line to buy a phone that everyone with a job just ordered online.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]But so is a Galaxy S III, but you don't see people blocking phone stores. No one is bitching about how Galaxy S III is no better than an S II. Other than the fact that it has a better DAC which no one cares about, and a faster CPU that once again, almost unnoticable, it's not much different comparing it between older and newer iPhones. @OccupyWallStreet GET A JOB.[/citation]

You also don't see people lining up days ahead to buy a android phone.

Probably be because Android uses have something called a life.

And I suggest you look at the number of jobs out there, hint there isn't many. But ignore that fact and be just like an apple cultist.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Technology should be free? Then I hope you're okay with cutting back our technological level to the point where there is enough production capacity to supply the planet with free electronics.

So when would you like you free 1980s era IBM PC and cell phone with backpack battery?

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]@OccupyWallStreet GET A JOB.[/citation]

They're protesting for a reason.
It's cause of the "Wall Street Fat Cats" that these people don't have a job in the first place.
Some of them may just be there to protest for social and economic equalities.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
apple along with other companies manufacturing outside are not dodging taxes...no wonder most businesses fail, the us government is willing to take the shirt of your back if they could....the US used to be a very stable country until it started fighting other countries wars and donating its resources to these so called developing countries....take a look at Africa, how much money is going there every day and nothing has changed?....don't even get me started

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]They're protesting for a reason.It's cause of the "Wall Street Fat Cats" that these people don't have a job in the first place.Some of them may just be there to protest for social and economic equalities.[/citation]
this protest has nothing do with economic equality...it's called boredom and jobless

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]You also don't see people lining up days ahead to buy a android phone.Probably be because Android uses have something called a life. And I suggest you look at the number of jobs out there, hint there isn't many. But ignore that fact and be just like an apple cultist.[/citation]
you really think that android users have a life?....look again and see how many android users use social programs...real life you say?....not....people don't wait in line for android phones because all of them are and look the same, on the other hand Apples iphone is a different beast, refined, easy to use, and has less bloatware

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]They're protesting for a reason.It's cause of the "Wall Street Fat Cats" that these people don't have a job in the first place.Some of them may just be there to protest for social and economic equalities.[/citation]

Or maybe they had college professors like I did who told them to find any stance they can and boycott everything you don't like.

Fortunately I was older when I went to college so someone telling me to boycott someone based upon their difference in view required nothing more than me not buying their product and / or services offered. Freeing up my time to actually go things that were helpful. Like, oh I don't know. Volunteering at the local school, helping my neighbors with projects they could not do on their own, and generally helping out others when the opportunity presented itself.

But hey, I guess I could have just bought a tent and sat on days on end with a cardboard sign instead.

halcyon

Splendid
Having owned an Evo 4G, Moto Razr, Razr Maxx, and now, SGS3 ...I can say without a doubt that all the android phones I‘ve used were okay performing and all seem pretty much the same. The Razr Maxx was the only one with good battery life. While I like the SGS3 the best overall (expected) android is just not as intuitive to use as iOS

However, this thing is so powerful, and android itself so customizable (almost a necessity that you customize it) that it may outweigh its complexity for the power user.

...that's my iSheep perspective.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Usually I don't make posts like this, but in the words of Comic Book Guy (Simpsons)....

Dumbest occupy movement ever.

Seriously, it seems like they would have something better to do. Also, buy things you don't need?
Not to sound like more of a tool than I usually do, but I work damn hard (Often 50-60 hour weeks and used to do work on the side) to buy things I don't need. why don't they each get a second job and donate the income to charity - make a real contribution. I volunteer for Habitat for Humanity and do both office work and help build houses. Maybe that occupy time would be better really making a noticeable difference in someones life.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I don't know who is dumber.... the people in line waiting to buy an iPhone or those protester.

Well the protesters are using the herd of iTards lining up as way to get publicity and generate money for their agenda. The dumb people are the people lining up. Fleas infesting a crowd of retards are their for the feeding and should not be confused with those they infest. The "technology should be free" claim is a bit extreme. Though the truth is that people can for example download a free operating system like Ubuntu for free, and the same is the case of the Android operating system. To make free hardware is another story. Much infrastructure is needed for building hardware and making it free seems unlikely in the foreseeable future.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Apple has done little for technology, but has certainly enhanced language. We know have:

iZombies
iCrappies
iCrap
iTards
iTardia
iMorons
iDummies

Hey Apple embrace your legacy! Patent all these words.

f-14

Distinguished
that communist in chief the joke of a president of the united states who doesn't even uphold his oath of office to protect and defend america and the constitution says apple is the model citizen of all american businesses.

guess he doesn't know how to run the FBI, IRS or CIA when his preferred business is cheating his country. corporations are not citizens and have no vote.

Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
Thomas Jefferson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff138493.html#9Tg4PY6JryGbSqFu.99

article 2, section 1
Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

"Its OK, keep buying things you dont need.

These stupid mindless mouth breathing Occutard idiots are so conflicting. First they tell us NOT to buy anything because we don't "need" it and instead should donate our money to "charity" (yeah like there are no scams and greedy people THERE or something). Then they bitch because jobs are scarce. Well make up your minds you IDIOTS. America's economy is 70% consumer drive (SPENDING).

And another thing: I'll buy whatever in the hell I damn well PLEASE with MY MONEY. You libtard OWS mouth breathers can go POUND SAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS