OC'ed my XFX r9 380 2GB, temps good while gaming?

YOMAN282

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Hello,

Overclocked the card in the title from 1030MHz core to 1080 and Memory from 1450 to 1550MHz to squezee a little bit more out of it, temps while idle are 35-40C and while gaming reaches max 83C but it's usually around 80-82C when playing more graphically intensive games. I was monitoring temps before OC and this small overclock added 1 to 2C, should I keep it or revert back to stock? I don't want to damage anything since it's my first time overclocking :p.

Thanks!

Solution

Oh that is already going a bit high. Try 100% if it doesn't sound like turbine engine at that speed, if it does you can leave it at 80%. Your temps are fine, within spec for your gpu. In my opinion its not worth removing the overclock just so it runs 2c cooler.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
That should be fine. Although if it were me I would make a custom fan profile to allow the fans to ramp up higher and keep the card a bit cooler, im sure it could do mid 70s or lower with a higher fan speed. Not sure what software you are using to overclock but msi afterburner has good gpu fan control software built in.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Oh that is already going a bit high. Try 100% if it doesn't sound like turbine engine at that speed, if it does you can leave it at 80%. Your temps are fine, within spec for your gpu. In my opinion its not worth removing the overclock just so it runs 2c cooler.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS