[SOLVED] OCing a Ryzen 5 1600

Solution
Every CPU will behave differently. Also, your cooler, case airflow, ambient temps, and mobo vrms will have an impact on overclocking. Because of these many variables, we can only give rough estimates.

A good overclock most 1600s should hit would be around 4ghz. Some CPUs may get more, some less.
I would try 3.9ghz at 1.35v and then go from there.

Remember, you want the highest frequency at the lowest stable voltage. I would run Prime 95 small fft for around 1/2 hour to test CPU stability after each overclocking setting change.

Avoid voltages over 1.4v and temperatures above 80-85c to avoid diminishing the lifespan of the CPU much.
Every CPU will behave differently. Also, your cooler, case airflow, ambient temps, and mobo vrms will have an impact on overclocking. Because of these many variables, we can only give rough estimates.

A good overclock most 1600s should hit would be around 4ghz. Some CPUs may get more, some less.
I would try 3.9ghz at 1.35v and then go from there.

Remember, you want the highest frequency at the lowest stable voltage. I would run Prime 95 small fft for around 1/2 hour to test CPU stability after each overclocking setting change.

Avoid voltages over 1.4v and temperatures above 80-85c to avoid diminishing the lifespan of the CPU much.

Last edited:
Solution

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
As others have mentioned its down to the individual CPU. Its also dependent on the motherboard and bios options. I've OC'ed a bunch of different 1600's. Every one of them did 3.8 at stock voltage on the stock cooler with sub 80c temps. It's usually not really worth using an aftermarket cooler to get up to 4ghz IMO. I kept the best 1600 I've had through here. It does 4 ghz at 1.3 volts and the memory controller has no problem running a B-Die kit at 3600 on my strix b450 ITX board.

TRENDING THREADS