Not open for further replies.

uthvag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
hello

i have a y50 with an 860m maxwell

does anyone have experience Ocing this?

NOTE- temps are not a problem

My temps are around 50C while on witcher 2 @ ultra ( i have a 2 ton AC blowing right at the back side of my laptop)

Solution
I have experience OC'ing the 860m, though on a Acer Nitro.
You can use MSI afterburner, it is the best OC'ing tool for laptops. Just as a word of advice, increase the clock 10 MHz at a time (separately, first for core then for memory) and run a stress test (like MSI Kombustor) to check the stability. Then check the max combo that is staying stable and is not heating more than 85C. Should OC atleast 12 - 15%.
Keep us updated on how it went :)

Rit_86

Distinguished
I have experience OC'ing the 860m, though on a Acer Nitro.
You can use MSI afterburner, it is the best OC'ing tool for laptops. Just as a word of advice, increase the clock 10 MHz at a time (separately, first for core then for memory) and run a stress test (like MSI Kombustor) to check the stability. Then check the max combo that is staying stable and is not heating more than 85C. Should OC atleast 12 - 15%.
Keep us updated on how it went :)

Solution

uthvag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014

Actually have you tried flashing the bioas and OCing (sorry , i was not clear in my post)

and what uis the FPS gain you are seeing

Rit_86

Distinguished
Hmm. Flashing the BIOS is very risky in laptops and there is a chance that you might brick it.
Why don't you try the software suggested above, as it is far safer, yet with very similar gains.
I OC'ed up to 23%, though it was not very stable. The stable OC was at 19% (for core clock, 8% for memory). I saw gains of around 10% in FPS for FC4.

uthvag

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014

as i said before , i asnot clear in my first post - i already use msi afterburner .Any experience with a flashed bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.