oc'ing pentium D..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wavetrex

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
True. The difference is that an E6300 is ~180$, while an D805 is ~87$

Sometime you just don't have those extra 100$ ...
I for one don't live in USA, and here where I am the prices are something like: E6300 - 250$, D805 - 100$

And 150$ is the monthly income for most of our ppl...

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I managed to take 805 to 3.9Ghz on stock cooling ;)
... of course I have a good case with extra fans that pump cold air into the case.

however it only worked by raising voltages quite a lot ( to about 1.48 volts for processor )

MB: Gigabyte 965P S3
Mem: DDR2-667 ( unknown brand )

(dunno how stable it was, but I run 3DMark2k5 once at that speed)

Good for you. Are you happy ?

Do you have to be sarcastic ?
I simply stated that you CAN get that processor to 3.9 Ghz with stock cooling, as long as you have enough cold air entering the case.

And yea that Gigabyte mobo is top overclocker, a friend directed me to buy it instead of a similarly priced MSI board ( which our friend Kalapahar seems to have trouble with )

Well we all know at this point that the 805 is the OC king and can go to 4.13GHz. BUT the POINT IS that the guy's got an intel mobo (sadly i too), and there's no way in hell could you overclock that thing even 1MHz. Unless of course you'd be able to make yourself your own bios but that's completely out of the question.