devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
Hi there,
Here are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3700X
MB: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
RAM: Crucial 4x16GB 3000MHz C16 (Model Number: BLT16G4D30AETA.K16FB)

I'm trying to tidy up my ram timings, I have an overall list of faster timings thanks to the Ryzen DRAM Calculator, but my BIOS is utterly confusing.

The Overclock section doesn't let me change values, only some
And has MANY duplicate settings as the DRAM Timings under "General" Section (can't remember proper name) which ALSO allows me to change SPD Settings.

I'd really appreciate some help here :(

Solution
looking at your raw bios, u should have channel A and channel B settings
not sure about your agesa layout, im on ryzen1, options on your cpu might be different, cant help there, but geardown should be somewhere
Alright, I ended up doing all my timings on the normal M.I.T Section (yes, that's the actual name on this Gigabyte board idk why) then Gear Down and Power Down I did and mirrored on both that section and Overclocking, all voltage control was done only on M.I.T. So far and after a 2-pass Memtest86 it is stable. Thank you for the help guys

devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
Easier way is to enable xmp which applies your memory's embedded xmp profile which your motherboard should identify and apply settings itself to the memory's specifications.
So, regarding what I asked on my post, I should use the General Setting to change my timings instead of the Overclock Section?

And if anyone has a Gigabyte X570 Gaming X Motherboard that knows how to overclock RAM that might help, again, it's just confusing that you can change RAM timings on two different places.

well i dont own gigabyte board, but asrock, but it should be similar (as they use agesa from AMD)
it shouldnt matter where u set it
overclock page is default user friendly, for people who like old way of overclocking, but it may not have all features there (as AMD keeps changing AGESA all time)
in general settings i guess u have something like amd CBS\zen common options
this is from amd (unchnaged ryzen stuffs), here u can change any ryzen setting which amd gives u, but numbers are here in hex codes (bios works in binary)
so basicly, if u dont know binary, use old style (most of setings are for advanced users anyway)

devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
well i dont own gigabyte board, but asrock, but it should be similar (as they use agesa from AMD)
it shouldnt matter where u set it
overclock page is default user friendly, for people who like old way of overclocking, but it may not have all features there (as AMD keeps changing AGESA all time)
in general settings i guess u have something like amd CBS\zen common options
this is from amd (unchnaged ryzen stuffs), here u can change any ryzen setting which amd gives u, but numbers are here in hex codes (bios works in binary)
so basicly, if u dont know binary, use old style (most of setings are for advanced users anyway)
the thing is, as I stated on my original post, the overclock section does not let me change some timings values... I don't know why, I change a setting from auto to manual and then type in the value I wish or a small tooltip comes up with options, but for some reason some timings just don't display anything or accept any input, when on auto or manual....

devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
looking at your raw bios, u should have channel A and channel B settings
not sure about your agesa layout, im on ryzen1, options on your cpu might be different, cant help there, but geardown should be somewhere
Alright, I ended up doing all my timings on the normal M.I.T Section (yes, that's the actual name on this Gigabyte board idk why) then Gear Down and Power Down I did and mirrored on both that section and Overclocking, all voltage control was done only on M.I.T. So far and after a 2-pass Memtest86 it is stable. Thank you for the help guys

Solution

TRENDING THREADS