OC'ing Sapphire 4850 1GB

mashew

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Was just wondering what would be the bast prog/method to get my card to as much as i can resonably. I have some experience with ATTools and it seems to work well but i cant get 3DMark06 to finish with my clocks @ 733core, 110RAM. To me this amount of OC'ing is what im looking for as I feel its a good balance of boost performance while not sacrificing longevity.

If anyone has any tips or experience in this i would be grateful. Thank you in advance.

jennyh

Splendid
733 is too high an overclock for the average 4850. What you need to do is increase the voltage and get a better cooler, or more likely just settle for 710 on the core or so, which is still better than the average 4850 overclock.

mashew

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
I can get 733 no problem. Its the 1100 GDDR3 I cant get. I've played fallout 3 for 4 weeks on 733 but only 1050 RAM. I think its alot to do with cooling but it might also be that ATTools is quite old and that is the only thing I've tried, I was wndering what else is out there. When I put it too 1100 RAM it gets too many artifacts on screen and eventually crashes (~30secs).

Trying a different program wont help you, you've just reached the limit of what your card is capable of. Its a very respectable overclock for a 4850, anyways overclocking the memory another 50mhz wont give you much performance increase at all. Best to just leave it at 1050 and call it a day.