[SOLVED] OCP (+12V) RMx series

Jul 20, 2019
In the RMx series reviews the OCP (+12V) has a "✗". But in Corsair's manual says: The RMx Series features OCP on the 3.3V, 5V and 12V rails. And even in the VS series reviews it has a "✓" so I'm confused.

Solution
In the RMx series reviews the OCP (+12V) has a "✗". But in Corsair's manual says: The RMx Series features OCP on the 3.3V, 5V and 12V rails. And even in the VS series reviews it has a "✓" so I'm confused.

It has OCP and OPP. All Corsair PSUs do.

Where reviewer's confuse OCP is if the PSU doesn't have multiple (split) +12V rails, they put "no OCP" whereas multiple +12V rails would have OCP on each "rail" and therefore considered to have OCP.

It has OCP and OPP. All Corsair PSUs do.

Where reviewer's confuse OCP is if the PSU doesn't have multiple (split) +12V rails, they put "no OCP" whereas multiple +12V rails would have OCP on each "rail" and therefore considered to have OCP.

Solution
What happened to the review of the S12II/M12Ii on your website? It said something about no OCP.

That's not a Corsair PSU. I said all (current) Corsair PSUs have OCP.

S12II and M12II do not have OCP. That's one of the complaints people have about it. It relies solely on OPP (which is a protection on the primary side).

The older reviews on jonnyguru.com haven't all been migrated to the new format yet.

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy