Oculus Adds 'Elite: Dangerous' As A Rift Launch Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim90

Distinguished
That's good and unexpected news! wasn't sure if this would be ready at launch.

eklipz330: high end VR (anything linked to PC) heavily dependant on latest gfx card tech i.e. expect major (e.g. resolution, fov (though possible focal point dependency interesting)) upgrades to match timeline / general gfx card uptake.

Dunzaus

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
how often do you think these headsets will have upgrades? yearly? every two years?

They are both meant to last for 2 years. Which is why I shake my head when I read comments from people that say they will wait 2 years because then the current headsets will be cheaper.

8R_Scotch

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
I got into ED thinking of VR, it's no surprise... although you'll have a more traditional gaming experience on Valkyre, with more action and goals, ED is sort of like Truck Simulator for space... although it features combat and you can focus on that, the sort of vast explorative aspect of it makes it a longer lasting title and specially suited for VR.

I'm curious about the minimum specs though, for the Vive Frontier said you'd need a GTX 980, Oculus minimum specs include only a GTX 970... this would imply that the VR version of ED on Oculus would be downgraded somehow, as it wouldn't do to have an "Oculus Ready" system and get a sub-optimal experience on a launch title. Hm...

Status
Not open for further replies.