Oculus playing with vive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
But that stated, pretty much anything on Steam will be crossplay that is running on PC.
The only cross-play issues you are really going to have are PSVR to PC, as that may use different networks. However anything that requires you to log into a 3rd party system will likely work. (see Star Trek Bridge Crew / Rec Room.)

Main thing is I would say... get the games on Steam, and don't worry about it. It'll be fine. :)

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
But that stated, pretty much anything on Steam will be crossplay that is running on PC.
The only cross-play issues you are really going to have are PSVR to PC, as that may use different networks. However anything that requires you to log into a 3rd party system will likely work. (see Star Trek Bridge Crew / Rec Room.)

Main thing is I would say... get the games on Steam, and don't worry about it. It'll be fine. :)

Solution

Ben Lewis

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

Thanks, Hope so! So, I've heard its quite a pain to setup SteamVR with the Oculus, I installed the Oculus app and the SteamVR app on steam already. My friends play games like PavlovVR, VRChat, Zero caliber, mortars etc etc. They ALL have vives, but I don't have that kind of money, and I heard the Oculus is better anyway. So are you saying that as long as I buy those same games through the steam platform opposed to the Oculus platform, I should be able to play with them? And if so, how do I setup SteamVR for oculus in the first place? Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.