Question Oculus Quest 2 - My graphics card doesn't have a USB - C port for oculus link?

Andrewgaming

Honorable
May 24, 2015
I was looking at the details for the new Quest 2 and how you can connect it to a PC with the oculus link cable. Unfortunately my graphics card doesn't have a USB-C connection, just HDMI and Displayport. My motherboard does have USB 3.2 gen 2 type A & C ports but I've heard you should always plug these display type devices straight into the GPU. Can anyone advise me what to do or what my options are?

Could I also connect it using hotspot from my PC or generally through my WIFI network?

Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021
I have never heard of a graphics card with a usb-c port in my life. Just add another pci-e card with usb-c or plug it into any usb c port on your pc. And VR is a "display type device" yet with the quest 2 it is not a standard pc vr headset with hdmi and what not. So any usb-c port would do. Or a usb-c to usb 3.0 port is perfectly fine.

Jacklope

Reputable
Jan 17, 2021
I have never heard of a graphics card with a usb-c port in my life. Just add another pci-e card with usb-c or plug it into any usb c port on your pc. And VR is a "display type device" yet with the quest 2 it is not a standard pc vr headset with hdmi and what not. So any usb-c port would do. Or a usb-c to usb 3.0 port is perfectly fine.
There are graphics cards with usb C only for VR