[SOLVED] Oculus Quest 2 not working after switch to AMD?

Jul 7, 2021
Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer

I have gone from:
Asus Z170 Deluxe
I7 6700k
GTX 1080

to:

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Ryzen 5900X
RTX 3080FE

now whenever I try to connect my Oculus Quest 2 (with an Anker USB 3.0 cable it is not detected, and looks like this in device manager:

When clicking the properties I get this error:

I have a Gigabyte Aero 15v8 that I tried to set up the quest on and it worked straight away.

I have tried the 2601, 3401 and 3601 BIOS on this motherboard

I have tried various combinations of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers as recommended by Oculus support including removing all Oculus software through safe mode

I do not appear to have any issues with any other item that I've plugged into any of the USBs on the board.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Solution
More than likely, it's a registry conflict with your new hardware. This is why a clean install of the OS is most often required when changing hardware platforms like this. Backup what data you require and then format and reinstall Windows.

-Wolf sends

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Considering you upgraded your platform, did you reinstall the OS from scratch after the migration, assuming you migrated the storage and PSU from the older platform? It's a good thing that you updated the BIOS on the motherboard, one less thing to worry about. OS version for your platform?

Reactions: rqfc40
Jul 7, 2021
thank you for the welcome, I did not reinstall the OS entirely due to the amount of data on my boot drive.

I have spent a long time untangling my windows updates and uninstalling Intel devices on device manager but I fear it may not be enough. All USB controllers seem to be functioning properly on Device Manager

No Intel!

Do you think it could be a driver conflict from the previous hardware setup?

Wolfshadw

Titan
More than likely, it's a registry conflict with your new hardware. This is why a clean install of the OS is most often required when changing hardware platforms like this. Backup what data you require and then format and reinstall Windows.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: rqfc40
Solution
Jul 7, 2021

-Wolf sends

You are exactly right. A clean windows 10 install later and it works perfectly.

Thank you for that info