Question Oculus Quest and Virtual Desktop setup question

chaosaquarius

Commendable
Jul 9, 2018
I have an oculus quest and I'm trying to work out how to do wireless oculus link using Virtual Desktop. My computer is more than capable of handling the VR overhead, but the only issue is my router. Im on "ADSL" internet. I put quotes because despite the ISP calling it that, it runs at basically regular DSL speeds and strengths even before the pandemic. This router runs on RJ11 connections, yes my ISP refuses to update the infrastructure of where i live, and no there are litterally no other options for ISP, even Hughes Net said no.

My question is, does anyone know a way to set up my pc and my quest on a closed network using a 5ghz router? The idea being i don't need the quest to be usable online, i just want to do pc vr wirelessly. As an alternative option, i use my 4g LTE internet from my phone on my pc normally for internet because of the poor LAN i get from my ISPs network. Would it be possible to set up my pc as a suedo-router so that my quest can link to the pc via wifi which my phone tethered to the device providing the actual internet connection?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS