[SOLVED] Oculus Rift or Windows Mixed Reality Headset

neilmuralles

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
I want to get into the world of Vr while spending under $300. I could get the Rift S or Quest if I wanted to, but I don’t think I will need the newest and most advanced headset for enjoying VR gaming. I have 2 great deals. One of them is an Oculus Rift with the cables, controllers(original), and 3 sensors for $250. The other is a Samsung Odyssey Mixed Reality headset with the cable and controllers for $210. I want to know if both headsets will still be supported by PC VR games and which one would have the best experience. Also which one would be more immersive. My system can support both of them.

Last edited:
Solution
Steam VR Store

Best advice I could give would be to go here and see if there are games you want to try/play that are available for one that are not available for the other. On the right hand side, there is a table for Browse VR Categories which allows to you change the view to show only games supported by the chosen category. I would note that in my time of looking at Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) games, I've not found one that was not also supported by either the Rift or the Vive, if not both. However there are a number of games that are not natively supported by the WMR set up; most notably, Google Earth VR. While it mostly works, it does seem to be missing some functionality.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Steam VR Store

Best advice I could give would be to go here and see if there are games you want to try/play that are available for one that are not available for the other. On the right hand side, there is a table for Browse VR Categories which allows to you change the view to show only games supported by the chosen category. I would note that in my time of looking at Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) games, I've not found one that was not also supported by either the Rift or the Vive, if not both. However there are a number of games that are not natively supported by the WMR set up; most notably, Google Earth VR. While it mostly works, it does seem to be missing some functionality.

-Wolf sends

Solution