Question Oculus Rift S is crashing my PC when i try to use it

Feb 4, 2020
I have been having this issue for the last week but its not been as bad as it is now. Last week i started noticing that my Rift S would sometimes lose tracking for a split second and return to normal resulting in a little motion sickness. It never happened too often, but still a little annoying none the less. Fast forward a few days and it starts to black screen my game in the headset and make the headset unusable unless i restart my PC. During this time where i would have to restart my pc, 5 times out of 10, upon booting up and launching the Oculus software, my PC would Blue Screen. The Error would read SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I got pretty fed up with what was going on and decided to do a fresh install of windows and re download the essentials. After said reset I attempted to try again but i was greeted with two different blue screens on two occasions. One which read, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM. As of today it is still not resolved. I have installed my required software, updated my drivers and yet whenever i put my headset on and attempt to sit in the Oculus home for more than 10 minutes, the headset switches off forcing me to take it off, only to be greeted by a frozen screen, forcing me to hard reset my pc, not even a Blue screen anymore. My hardware is below, i have had the headset since around October and have never had these issues up until now, any help would be greatly appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820
Mobo: ASUSTeK P9X79 LE Bios version 4701
GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 8gb x1 DDR3
PSU: 500W Corsair

I also have an internal usb hub below my graphics card which I use to power the headset as my usb ports on my motherboard dont work with the Rift S for some reason.

If you need more details please let me know.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS