Oculus Touch Controller Delayed To Second Half Of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

god damn it, why can't it just add something like leap motion instead of that crap :'(

I'd guess $150 to $200USD.

Money for this will mostly be made on the software side so they want widescale adoption. On the other hand there's probably a high initial cost until manufacturing scales up, plus a lot of people will plunk down the cash even if priced really high.

My guess as it stands now is:
$350 to $450 (Oculus Rift)
$150 to $200 (Touch controllers)

Maybe later this year a kit for "only" $500?

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
You're dreaming if you think they will launch for under $400. If guess closer to $800 given aGear VR which is just a phone holding device costs $100 is the US and $190 in Australia. Im expecting Oculus to be over $1k in AU.

http://www.pcgamer.com/oculus-rift-price/

So earlier they estimated "$200 to $400" then updated that to "at least $300" so I think it's pretty easy to make a rough estimate based on that.

It's obvious they want to keep the price as low as possible. Like gaming consoles, they want to make money on the software side of things.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

Yeah but the pre release sales happened last night and they unit is about $800 US or around $1100AU, exactly like I thought it would be.

dstarr3

Distinguished

$600 US. Which is about right. This is a first-gen high-end peripheral with tons of R&D to make good on. And they toss in an X-Bone controller. Sounds fair to me. I hope we see a Rift 2 in a couple years with even more refinements, more support, and a smaller price tag.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

$800US in Australia. We need an additional charge just to remind us we live in Australia and that our dollar is lower which pushes the price to AU$1100.

dstarr3

Distinguished

I'm surprised you can even get it in Australia, considering the government seems to hate fun.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

Let's not start on the terrible Australian Government. It's too depressing. So long as we vote these hard core right wing fanatics out we should be ok. Thankfully they already axed their extreme leader and put a slightly more moderate leader in.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Why do people even live in Australia still? How are they still alive? The Aborigines don't want you there, neither do all the weird creatures such as the poisonous man-eating snakes, spiders, kangaroos, koalas, platypus, toads, and sharks, and you are not criminals anymore, that was your ancestors, not you, you are forgiven, you can come back to England. You've had my permission, for ages, to leave that sarlacc pit and reintegrate into civilisation.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

Clearly you know nothing of the weather over here. No one here is giving up beautiful sunny days in the mid 20 degree range year round for the depressing sky's of England.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Seriously. Australia looks wonderful. If not for the ancient internet and the Huntsmen, I'd be very tempted to relocate.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
We have pockets of modern internet from our last government. Started rolling out fibre to the home. The current government shit canned it saying 700kb/sec is all the average person needs and uses. The average person in Australia doesn't receive that high of a speed of course. My mum in her mid 70's that has fibre to the home complains about the speed which I find funny in relation to what the government says we actually need.
as far as the huntsmans go, I opened a new boat cover yesterday and a huge dead huntsman was in the box. Scared the piss out of me. Bloody things are everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.