Oculus Touch Not Coming Before October, We’ll Learn More At Oculus Connect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Dewis

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
I love my Rift, but come on Oculus, get your s*#t together. Originally the controllers would launch with headset, then it was announced as autumn . Then my pre order was pushed back 2 months. Now it looks like it could be November/December until Touch launches, and that's still dependent on there being enough stock this time. If that happens again, it could be 2017 until I actually see any Touch controllers.

John Nemesh

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Buy a Vive. It has motion controllers included, shipping NOW and supports Room Scale VR which Oculus does not! Oh, and it also doesn't include spyware.

old_newbie

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Its more like "Not coming before December". I saw a Touch controller static display at the local Best Buy store this weekend and the placard read: "Touch - coming Winter 2016".

Brandon_29

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
I cancelled my Rift pre-order and kept my Vive one after Rift said it would be June for my day one hour one pre-order to ship. Best decision I have ever made. After using Vive touch and room scale there is no way I could go back to Rift. Plus the Vive plays all the rift games (which all suck because of no room scale, but hey it can still play them). Oculus ram rodded the old pooch with their entire release. I guess that is what happens when a no-name startup pairs with a social media site to release hardware. Probably the biggest hardware failure since the 3DO :)

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Still most likely getting an Oculus. I only want to play mech/racing/flying games with it anyways, and frankly from the demo's touch is way better than vives move.

Curttron

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
All these people claiming that vive is superior, clearly you havn't looked at the differences. Especially when it comes to the controllers, Oculus Touch blows Vive controllers out of the water! just watch, enjoy your puny rushed vive hardware, while the real perfected patient customers get the top-notch hardware. Vive is just a rushed cash-in of non-perfected VR.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

We'll see how it plays out soon enough, but I wasn't blown away by Touch when I tried it. It's different from the Vive controllers, but it wasn't a game-changing difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.