Oculus Touch Tracking Update Pushed To February

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
its def a usb controller bandwidth issue. Right in the setup it says that could be the case for certain people. I havent had any issues with 3 sensors past getting my angles right for full 360 tracking although I have a usb 2 controller, 3 controller and C (3.1) controller so thankfully bandwidth isnt an issue on my end.

If you need more bandwidth you could always add a PCIE controller or if you dont have VR yet and this gives you pause the next Oculus revision is supposed to be full tracking without any sensors at all using 4 depth cameras on the front of the HMD that I assume function much like the Kinect but with more cameras and obviously the extra horsepower of a pc to do all the calculations

hughJ

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
It's not a bandwidth issue. I have 4x USB 3.0 controllers: 2 PCIe cards, plus two controllers on the motherboard, and I can verify through the Oculus service logs that there's no reports of camera errors while the tracking errors are occurring.

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016

You could still be having bandwidth issues and I can walk right out of sensor range without errors because they aren't errors. Some people are having bandwidth issues and some people are having something else

I have no issues at all although Everytime you move a sensor you need to recalibrate the setup. That goes for steam vr and Oculus at home. If you don't recalibrate it assumes everything is in an Identical place and as I'm sure you know moving a sensor during gameplay can really mess up the works.

Not saying that's your issue either, all I know for a fact is some people have bandwidth issues and some people have no issues at all and apparently there is a 3rd mysterious issue never heard of before that only effects some people so...It's probably a bandwidth issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.